High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone out there have Type 1 Diabetes??

I have questions for either ftm's or moms with type 1 diabetes that i would love to gain some information from. I am type 1 and keep seeing all these posts for gestastional diabetes but none of them look like what i want answered.

Re: Anyone out there have Type 1 Diabetes??

• Options

I'm type 1. Diagnosed Oct 2006.

I have two kids, and I'm on my 6th pregnancy with type 1 diabetes.

Feel free to ask any questions!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Type 1 since uh...1996! FTM but I'm 27w along so I'll answer what I can!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know--we need our own board!  Anyone know how to set one up or request one?  I'm a T-1 also, 24 years and still going!  FTM also. 
  • Options

imagekatiebird1127:
    I know--we need our own board!  Anyone know how to set one up or request one?  I'm a T-1 also, 24 years and still going!  FTM also. 

Yes we do!  I been trying to at the very least get the GD ladies their own board, and maybe a T1 and T2 board too! Just email the bump and tell them if we all do it I don't see why they would add one. If there is a board to connect with Pampers we should be able to get our own board!

Im a T1 since 2008 and I have one DD, 26 months, and I'm expecting my second DD in August!  What questions do you have??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a type 1 and this is my second pregnancy since diagnosis. On a pump and a CGM.  Here to help however I can. Yes, our own board would be nice since there are just a few of us :o) But we can help out the GD moms too.
  • Options

I am in the same boat!  T1 for  .. 7 years?! 8 years?!   I can't remember anymore .. haha ..  Got diagnosed at 21 and I'm now 28 so I guess 7 years it is!  I'm now 27 weeks with my first .. it's semi-frustrating at times when I turn to the boards to find help or info and all I can see are GD questions, and many times the answers are different for us! 

One thing in particular .. when did your dr induce?  Were you able to have a successful induction, or did it end up in c-section?  That's really my only concern .. that my body won't be ready for labor and delivery, and trying to force the issue probably won't help and I'll end up on the table after a lengthy and frustrating induction.  I don't care how he gets here, I just want him ( and me too!) to be safe and healthy!  

• Options

Type 1 for 19 years! Had a very healthy son 18 mo ago and will be ttc in august! A1c was 6.2 last pregnancy...feel free to ask any questions

• Options
    just emailed community@thebump.com
    hopefully we get a response!
  • Options
    Speaking of A1c's, how is everyone doing?  Mine is at 6.6 right now...hopfeully dropping as we speak! 
  • Options
    Mine is 6.6 now! Working on getting it down! So frustrating!! Anyone on the sensor?
  • Options

CGM?  no...can't stand having another thing stuck to me besides the pump.  Though if I start having wonky lows, I'd probably ask my endo. to borrow one for a while just to see what's going on.  Are you?

• Options
    With the CGM my A1C is now 5.2!! Its a huge pain in th a$$ but so worth it. I do take breaks from wearing the CGM and wear it for three days on three days off. My dr reduced my NST from twice a week to only once and they are considering letting me go full term because I really want a vbac. Because I have the CGM Im really being able have more control in this pregnancy than my last one.
  • Options
    I am on the CGM and I take breaks as well!! Nothing is more annoying than hearring my bump alarm all the time bc of it! If we can get a separate page on the bump for type 1's maybe we can start a private Facebook page! 5.2 is awesome!! Good for you!
  • Options

Hello. I am T1 on my first pregnancy. I use a pump and CGM. I find the CGM really helps me catch my numbers when they start to rise. (don't they always seem to do that for no reason?!). I'm still early on and had to tackle some really stubborn lows over the past month or so. I would drop to the 40s or 50s at least once a day. Now, I seem to be running a little higher (no lows) and have adjusted up my insulin a bit.

My A1C was 6.8% last time, but I'll get another one on Monday, which I am pretty sure will be a lot lower with all of these lows. 

Just for curiosity's sake, what are your BG targets? Mine are fasting <90 mg/dl, premeal 60-100 mg/dl and 1 hr post-meal <120 mg/dl. I'm finding that a good power walk after a meal does wonders to keep my numbers down, especially now since it seems like I can only stomach things that are a bit carby (bread, fruit, tomatoes, pizza). 

I also am reading a book called "Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-existing Diabetes." It's pretty informative and not too scary. It was written by a woman with T1 who blogs and has 2 kids. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My last A1C was 5.8%. I'm hoping for slightly lower # this check. The CGM really does help me keep myself in check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"