Two Under 2
Options

Tell me all about having 2u2

I dont have 2u2 yet and not pregnant at the moment but DD and I have decided to get my IUD removed with in the next month or so  to start trying for another baby.

I am SUPER excited but also have many fears.

There are so many reasons leading to have another one now rather than later. I want my children to grow up together and have a companion close in age. I only want to have 2 kids so in a way I want to just get it over with (i know that sounds bad but I dont mean it the way it sounds.) Also for selfish reasons I am loosing so much weight and dont want to be looking all hot and fit 3yrs down the road and then get pregnant again and have to start all over.(again I know that sounds bad,but hey we all think like that in some way shape or form.)

I'm second guess that I will not be able to handle it though. I dont want to become a super stressed out mother/wife who screams all the time and cant control her kids. I dont want to be the woman in stores where people look at her and say "why did she have kids if she cant handle it." and at other times I think it would be a piece of cake and so much fun.

I have my days with my DD (7months) where I feel so stressed and I just need a break. Sometimes I think to myself  "I'm never having another" My DH does help as much as he can and when I'm stressed and feeling overwhelmed her really steps up his game. But he works full time and by the end of the day when he's finally home DD is off to bed for the night.

I'm nervous  at what the new "normal" will become..

How do you guys handle it? Were you scared at first? Tell me all the joys and all the stresses. Tell me everything!!!!

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me all about having 2u2

• Options

My reasons for 2u2 were similar to yours. Get the pregnancy stuff over with so I could have my body to myself, wanted my kids to grow up together, it made more sense financially since I wanted to SAH but not take too extended a leave from the workforce.

Yes, I was scared at first. I was all prepared for it to be insanely difficult, so when it wasn't nearly as hard in reality, it almost seemed easy. I liked being pregnant with an infant vs a toddler. I felt it was easier because I could rest three times a day when the baby napped. I also didn't have a toddler to chase while I was hugely pregnant (but if you check at my ticker, that may be my reality in the future LOL). When my 2nd was born, my first was too busy walking, exploring, and enjoying his newfound freedom that he couldn't have cared less I paid a lot of attention to his sister. Now that they're both toddlers, they're best buddies and love doing everything together. My son is very nurturing and loves to care for the baby still. If she's crying because I'm taking too long to get her food ready my son will walk over to her, rub her back and tell her it's ok. If she asks for a drink he goes and gets her cup for her. My daughter is just as fond of her big brother--the second he realizes she's awake and goes to her crib to say hi, her face lights up. It's very sweet to watch them together. Stuff like that makes the tough times totally worth it.

That's not to say it doesn't have its moments. When both kids are teething and cranky and you're running on little sleep, it's not easy. I would say the good far outweighs the bad I feel for me. I'm sure if I had two colicky babies I might have felt differently though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you so much for putting up this post! I just found out I'm pregnant with #2, DD is only 5 months, and I feel like everyone says how hard it is and thats bad parenting to have them so close together, but I feel the same way as mentioned in these posts. I'd rather be pregnant now, than later and running after a toddler. 

Every babys a gift and miracle so I'm just happy and hoping for a healthy pregnancy! Also, I had a really easy pregnancy with my first so I don't mind being pregnant again. :) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePeaches727:

Thank you so much for putting up this post! I just found out I'm pregnant with #2, DD is only 5 months, and I feel like everyone says how hard it is and thats bad parenting to have them so close together, but I feel the same way as mentioned in these posts. I'd rather be pregnant now, than later and running after a toddler. 

Every babys a gift and miracle so I'm just happy and hoping for a healthy pregnancy! Also, I had a really easy pregnancy with my first so I don't mind being pregnant again. :) 

I  wish you the best of luck throughout your pregnancy and with 2under2 Big Smile

Too bad there weren't more responses to ease our nerves Huh? But the responses mad already are very calming/reassuring

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great responses, never thought about how it'd easier to be pregnant with an infant as opposed to toddler. Great food for thought! Thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"