Blended Families

Senior year

For those of you with full custody, do you send school pictures to BM and her family?  Does she pay for "her" portion?

SS1 is going to be a senior and we are getting ready for senior pictures.  They are so pricey!  BM pays us absolutely nothing.  I am irritated to spend an extra $50 to get pictures for her and her mother but at the same time I want to be the bigger person.

Also...  do we invite her to graduation?  I don't think she would come but if she did???  Would we need to invite her the our family graduation party?  I don't want her around my friends and family.

together since 2006
full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
Bloodwork: normal
2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
New RE appt 8/14/12
IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
Beta #1 BFP! 97
Beta #2 234
Beta #3 4937
ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
10/20/12 graduated!!!
EDD 6/7/12
Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Senior year

• wwnbwwwnbw member

We usually give BM a 5X7 and a few smaller ones. She has never thanked us but I still do it. Other SS just had his first preschool pictures and BM #2 asked us if we wanted to order any so we did and we paid for them.  

If I were you I would ask BM if she would like to order any and give her a price sheet. I would invite her to the graduation but that's just me. I can't stand BM but there are a few times I see us togehter and that is one of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you using a photographer or the one the school uses?  If it is the school one then give her the info (we always sent BM 1 pic and her Mom 1 pic) if it is a real photographer I would talk to the photographer and give BM their info for ordering. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • what have you done for school pictures for the past 12 years? the same should apply to senior picture...

your SC is old enough to decide if he wants to extend an invitation to graduation to his mother. I don't think you are obligated to invite to any party that you are hosting, but again, your SC should have a say in this, as it is HIS party...

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • We give BM a school picture in a nice frame along with something handmade from SS for Christmas every year.  It's easy, though, since we order the package that can accommodate giving everyone at least a 5x7.  I know with senior pictures, it's not as easy since you have to pay for each picture individually.  I'd go ahead and get her one printed and send her an invitation to graduation.  I wouldn't invite her to the graduation party, though.  If she wants to have a party for him with her family - great.  If not... her loss. 

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • In the past, we gave BM the school picture in a nice frame as her Christmas Present.  But when SS started flaking on getting the presents together, we stopped sending presents all together, unless SS has everything ready on time. (I actually do feel bad that she got caught in that crossfire, but I refuse to have a 13, 14, 15, yo scream at me when I try to remind him he needs things done by a specific date or things dont make it on time - MY sanity trumps hers, given she doesnt live with him.)

But if your child is responsible enough, this is a great compromise to the cost thing.

However, once we go back to the US and have to use local photogs (our school doesnt do school pictures in highschool) and the Senior Pic Sittings are more expensive, (ie more than just sittign infront of a blue screen), we will probably just send her the link to the Photographer to get her own copies.

Of course you can always scan the picture and email it out to everyone too (as long as the Photographer allows that).

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  •  I would actually ask SS what he wants he may not want his mom at his party or graduation. He is old enough to make decisions so I would also ask him if he wants to give his mom a picture. It is his mom he is old enough to make decisions like that don't push him and his mom together he may not want that :)
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dh has always been handed the information sheet for school pictures and we order our own set.

There is no need to invite her to your party, but an invitation to graduation would be nice. You dont have to have any interaction with her at the ceremony. My ss graduated this past weekend and we never saw his mother till it was over and that was only because we met up with SS for some pictures. 

(ps...she gave me a hug and thanked me for always being there for her son)

• SS is going into 3rd grade and we are long distance. BM has never sent us link or copy of order form, and we've not asked her for it. Since Kindergarten we've just contacted the school for the information and ordered our own set of pics. Works like a charm and there is no pissing over $ or what size pics who is getting.

MUCH less stressful.

For the love of God, invite the other parent to the kid's graduation. Any parties, it would be nice, but not necessary in my opinion.

• NC SM putting my .02 in:

Senior year is expensive! Email her a list of expenses for senior pix, senior dinner, yearbook, and the other 1000 things that come us senior year asking her if she can contribute financially. If she does get her the pictures. If she doesn't they can have the smaller pictures that everyone has a ton of.

She should be invited to graduation. She doesn't need invited to the party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"