December 2012 Moms
Options

Odd pains in low uterus

So the past few days I have had these really sharp and lingering pains low near my pubic bone...but to the sides.  It even hurts when I lift my legs...like to get out of the car and into the shower and such.  I'm not too sure what's going on.  I think that I have felt LO the past few days, but not now :( Kinda nervous.  Anyone relate?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Odd pains in low uterus

• Options

They say you will feel LO on and off until further in pregnancy, so I wouldn't worry.  I've been having super sharp pains all over my lower abdomen for the duration of my pregnancy and doc says it's fine and will get worse.  It's definitely worse when I move after sitting or sit after moving...or move too fast from one position to another, so I think it's RLP. 

• Options
    I had sharp pains late last week, and then again yesterday. Like little lightening strikes all over the uterus and in my crotch. Super fun.

Google tells me it's RLP (round ligament pain). It can come on from shifting positions too fast, which it sounds like yours may be. I think mine came on due to too much activity... after cleaning the kitchen and the tile floors. I'll be sure to ask my dr about it at our next appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNoeliaV:
    I had sharp pains late last week, and then again yesterday. Like little lightening strikes all over the uterus and in my crotch. Super fun.

Google tells me it's RLP (round ligament pain). It can come on from shifting positions too fast, which it sounds like yours may be. I think mine came on due to too much activity... after cleaning the kitchen and the tile floors. I'll be sure to ask my dr about it at our next appt.

Ooo, the crotch ones are the worst!  I can rub my belly when it hurts, and I might just get those snobs who give you grief for rubbing your PG belly, but rubbing your crotch in public when you have sharp pains in it..not exactly socially acceptable lol 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I agree, sounds like RLP. I get those kind of pains if I stand up/walk for too long, or if I go from sitting to standing too quickly (like an instant muscle cramp twinge).

If you're concerned, call your doc!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Could be RLP, or possibly hips separating. My 2nd pregnancy my hips separated really early (body's natural response to getting pregnant apparently, and it "remembers" what to do but does it too early sometimes) and it was bloody painful. Had to to PT for it which did help.

If it worsens call the doc or bring it up at the next appt. I have the RLP a lot too.
    Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMeaganG11:

I agree, sounds like RLP. I get those kind of pains if I stand up/walk for too long, or if I go from sitting to standing too quickly (like an instant muscle cramp twinge).

If you're concerned, call your doc!

this! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"