June 2012 Moms

Dry Peeling Skin?

What have you been doing about your newbirns dry skin. I'm hesitant to use moisturizer.

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dry Peeling Skin?

• I put a dab of olive oil on her feet since they looked really rough but nothing anywhere else.  It'll pass.  

FWIW we use Eucerin on my older son when he gets dry.   

image   image

• imageEMO-mamma:

I put a dab of olive oil on her feet since they looked really rough but nothing anywhere else.  It'll pass.  

FWIW we use Eucerin on my older son when he gets dry.   

ooh olive oil, thats a good idea. Thank you

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Petroleum jelly mixed with baby lotion when it gets really bad. He feels a little greasy for a while but it helps
  • Grape seed oil works especially for the head. just a little bit after the bath. Aveeno baby moisturizer is ok for the skin too. PH balanced without a ton of chemicals
  • I used olive oil and also coconut oil on dd's skin. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker m/c at 8weeks 2007 DD born 2009 m/c at 15weeks 2010 m/c at 6weeks 2011
  • Our pedi said that peeling skin is normal in brand new babies because they need to shed the layer of skin that was exposed to the fluid.... sorry, my brain is not functioning and I cant think of the term. Anyway, she told me not to use anything on it, because its supposed to be peeling off.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i havent been doing anything. They were in water for 9 months, its natural for it to shed. It doesnt seem to bother DS. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it is just peeling skin, my doc says to leave it, and no need for moisturizer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD's dry, flaky skin was gone in about 3-4 days. It doesn't last too long and is the natural way for the babies to shed that outer layer of skin that was in contact with the amniotic fluid. Maybe so baby lotion might help it temporarily, but the skin just needs to shed itself.
  • Johnson's natural baby lotion. Works like a charm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"