Austin Babies

Nanny Recommendations?

Hello -

We are expecting our first little one in early August and are looking for a full time nanny to start in early to mid-October.  Does anyone have any specific recommendations for nannies or a recommendation for the best search service?

Thank you!

Erin

Re: Nanny Recommendations?

• No I sure don't. As I plan to raise my own children by making financial & material sacrifices, so that I can spend the necessary time with them during the first few years of their life.

Good luck in your endeavors. 

• We found our nannies through care.com and have been very happy with it. You do need to do some work to screen and interview candidates but it is still so much cheaper than using a nanny agency.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageklynn731:

No I sure don't. As I plan to raise my own children by making financial & material sacrifices, so that I can spend the necessary time with them during the first few years of their life.

Judgy much? I raise my own son and work full time. He goes to someone else's house while I'm at work and plays with other kids, but I raise him, not her. She follows my rules. If this board was more active, you'd have your ass handed to you for a snarky response like that.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Your situation is much different than a Nanny.....It can be frustrating when you have been trying so long for a child, just to hear that others hand theirs off to someone else to raise. I don't understand it.
  • imageSarahPLiz:
    imageklynn731:

No I sure don't. As I plan to raise my own children by making financial & material sacrifices, so that I can spend the necessary time with them during the first few years of their life.

Judgy much? I raise my own son and work full time. He goes to someone else's house while I'm at work and plays with other kids, but I raise him, not her. She follows my rules. If this board was more active, you'd have your ass handed to you for a snarky response like that.  

Thank you. My jaw literally dropped at that response. Wow.
    DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • This. That snarky response was out of line.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageklynn731:
    It can be frustrating when you have been trying so long for a child, just to hear that others hand theirs off to someone else to raise. I don't understand it.

As someone who also spent years trying to have a child, and now nannies for a family who keeps having "oops" babies and could barely handle their first, I understand what you are saying. However, you don't have to be a *** about it. That's your deal, not anybody else's, and even if it's how you feel you need to be tactful and keep it to yourself. Get therapy if you need it to deal with how you feel, but don't put it on somebody else who is making their best decisions for their family.

• imageKitkatishbakk:
    imageSarahPLiz:
    imageklynn731:

Thank you. My jaw literally dropped at that response. Wow.

ITA, response was uncalled for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imageklynn731:
    Your situation is much different than a Nanny.....It can be frustrating when you have been trying so long for a child, just to hear that others hand theirs off to someone else to raise. I don't understand it.

Ouch!! Granted, my hormones are in high gear, but that stung. Both my husband and I would love to stay home and raise baby, but it's not in the financial cards. We're both working so we can provide a home in a family friendly neighborhood in a great school district, high quality food, and a post-high school education. We will raise our child, but we're looking for the best supplementary care we can get. Those of us returning to work will feel guilty enough about it, please save the snap judgments. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in the same situation. Care.com is a good resource or check with your local churches.
  • Wow, I can't BELIEVE some women on this site!! Keep your judging to yourself, klynn731, and don't respond if you don't have anything decent and helpful to say!

Olive You Nanny is an awesome local nanny placing agency. They also place Doula's, night nurses, etc as well. Check them out! They charge a placement fee but do a lot of work to qualify the nannies & set you up with someone they think will match your family well (you can interview until you find the right one of course). Something like Care.com is great if you want to save money and do the work yourself to find a good one. We'll most likely go the care.com route.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"