Single Parents
Options

Going to be a single mom

This is my first post on the Single Parents board. The father decided to leave me and baby over the weekend. This is my first pregnancy and I'm scared but I know we'll be OK. Just like most people, I didn't really think I'd be doing this alone, but this is what I've been given. I'm just glad that despite the heartbreak, I am going to have a beautiful baby. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going to be a single mom

• Options
    You and I are living the same story (currently 25 weeks, boyfriend left me). I have no words of advice, as this is all new to me as well, but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. I wish you strengthand happiness in the months ahead!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much. Hoping we can give each other support as we go through this and wishing you all the strength and happiness, as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Althought I am not officially "single", I feel for you.  I found out last week Wednesday that I am pregnant, and my boyfriend of about two years is in complete denial.  He said he is just going to pretend it's not happening for as long as possible.  I know he's in shock, as am I, but I wasn't expecting a reaction quite that harsh. 

I'm hoping he'll come around, but he said he has major doubts about us staying together. 

I'm glad I found this board because I feel like some of the women on the monthly boards tend to be a little judgemental.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBrewerFan86:

Althought I am not officially "single", I feel for you.  I found out last week Wednesday that I am pregnant, and my boyfriend of about two years is in complete denial.  He said he is just going to pretend it's not happening for as long as possible.  I know he's in shock, as am I, but I wasn't expecting a reaction quite that harsh. 

I'm hoping he'll come around, but he said he has major doubts about us staying together. 

I'm glad I found this board because I feel like some of the women on the monthly boards tend to be a little judgemental.

That's an understatement. 

• Options
    I am about to be a single mom too. I ended up leaving my bf before I found out I was pregnant. This board is very helpful and friendly! Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. It seems to me that it's almost easier to be pregnant and single because there isn't too much drama (unless the ex is being crazy of course). We'll see how it goes after our LOs are here though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Same boat here.  FXH left me when I was 6 weeks pregnant and on bed rest for bleeding...plus he cheated on me that same week I started bleeding....  Oh, and he doesn't want to be a part of DD's life at all...  Good thing is, I have a beautiful 3 month old baby girl and we're doing just fine.  It would be nice if child support services would hurry up and get things going and if FXH would hurry up and file for divorce (i don't have the money and he doesn't want to own up to the fact that he cheated on me so he wants to wait the 18 month separation period...stupid). 

Just know that things do get better and a whole lot easier as time goes on and that you are not alone.  Since it happened to me, I've met about 5 women who've been through similar situations and have met wonderful men, married, and are very much in love and the men either love their kids or have adopted them as their own.  Now...if I could only figure out what pond I need to fish in to find that...

• Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories. It does make me feel like I'm not alone. I know we are stronger than we think we are and that will come out more as time goes by.
  • Options

Hi guys. This is my first post on here. I'm a 28 year old male who's gf doesn't want to have a child (ever according to her). This is very disheartening for me as all I can think about is having a baby and seeing her pregnant.

Its not just having my child, but also helping her while she's pregnant and going through all the emotions, rubbing her belly etc.

Since she is unwilling to do this, Im hoping to have a mutually benefiting relationship with a pregnant woman (nothing sexual) but where I can co

E over every once in awhile to check up on you, ask you how your feeling, and maybe bring you something to eat :) I just want to feel needed and appreciated by a pregnant woman. IS that too much to ask for lol

• Options
    imageRaerae2222:

Hi guys. This is my first post on here. I'm a 28 year old male who's gf doesn't want to have a child (ever according to her). This is very disheartening for me as all I can think about is having a baby and seeing her pregnant.

Its not just having my child, but also helping her while she's pregnant and going through all the emotions, rubbing her belly etc.

Since she is unwilling to do this, Im hoping to have a mutually benefiting relationship with a pregnant woman (nothing sexual) but where I can co

E over every once in awhile to check up on you, ask you how your feeling, and maybe bring you something to eat :) I just want to feel needed and appreciated by a pregnant woman. IS that too much to ask for lol

Yikes.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebrokenwings6:
    imageRaerae2222:

Yikes.

Exactly yikes...Idk if it's just because I've been watching too much Criminal Minds lately, but this is just creepy... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"