Trying to Get Pregnant

Body aches... ovulation?

Hi Everyone,

This is my 2nd month charting, and I wanted to run what is going on past you ladies on the board to see if anyone has experienced something similar.  I would really appreciate any advice:

This is my 2nd month off BCPs.  I noticed last month at about CD13 some mild body aches, mostly in hips but also just kind of all over.  They went away around CD18 but I used heat/ice packs and there was a lot of discomfort.  This month I am on CD11 and some mild aches all over my body are coming back.  I have no idea why, and don't know if this is something that warrants a call to the OBGYN.  I'm a healthy 29 yr-old, taking prenatals and living a very active lifestyle, and I just had a GYN checkup in mid-May with no problems.  I also never had these pains on BCPs.

I've read about "middleschmertz" and I don't think that's what this is, since the aches aren't only coming from my abdomen.  Any thoughts?  And is there anything other than lots of ibuprofen that could help it?

Re: Body aches... ovulation?

• It could be related, but it may just be part of your body regulating to the new hormone fluctuations.  As long as it is manageable, I'd just keep charting it along with your temps and see how it goes for a few more cycles.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    It could be related, but it may just be part of your body regulating to the new hormone fluctuations.  As long as it is manageable, I'd just keep charting it along with your temps and see how it goes for a few more cycles.

I agree with this as well. 

I am betting its hormone related. I highly recommend lowering your salt/fat intake during those episodes. I am not entirely sure why, but even though you crave those, if you have a lot of that in your system it makes the joint pain worse. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • pkarenpkaren member
    Don't take ibuprofen while TTC, it's an anti-inflamatory and can cause implantation problems. Tylenol is fine though.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"