Breastfeeding
Options

Yeast Rash

I do not have thrush and neither does my LO.  He does have a yeast rash in the diaper area.  I have been trying to do research on how to get rid of the rash.  I read somewhere that mom eating dairy and refined sugars can kill good bacteria and give yeast a chance to grow.

Is this true?  Should I be not eating dairy or sugar?  What should I be doing?  (I have gone to the doctor and I got a cream for his bum on Friday, but it doesn't seem to be helping.)

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yeast Rash

• Options
    I am glad you posted this- I just posted a 'Yeast' post on another site.  I will be interested in hearing about the sugar.  Since I have cut out many things (due to LO's eating issues) I have been reliant on sugar to get me through the day (also, because many other things I can't have, and the stuff with refined sugar makes me feel a little 'full' at least). 

I have read an article that said that you can't pass sugars through to your LO when BFing, but that was dealing with blood sugars.  I wonder if it is different for yeast.  Hope someone answers who knows what the deal is.  I don't know what I will be eating if so!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"