May 2012 Moms
Options

(X post from 0-3 mos) - HELP baby won't sleep!

In the past two days my 5 week old is like a different baby...

Since two days ago she won't sleep! I mean she has probably slept a total of 8 hours in the past 24 hour period. Short cat naps in my arms... If I set her down she wakes up instantly. She wants to eat and eat and eat... But continues to fuss and cry when she is full. Nothing will soothe her. Not holding, not laying, not the swing, not the pacifier, not even a car ride (which is usually instant sleep!)... She is peeing a lot, pooping normal, and is not running a temperature. 

I am at my wits end...  HELP! Please... Is this normal? I am dreading tonight... I'm exhausted and so is my husband. We just don't know what to do right now.

Re: (X post from 0-3 mos) - HELP baby won't sleep!

• Options

I think it's normal. All of my children have gone through those phases. It could be due to a growth spurt or be a phase. DD3 is in the same phase right now. She is colicky too and is just pure misery to be around from 8 or 9 PM until about midnight. I don't have any good advice for you but just know that you're not alone.

• Options

She may be going through a growth spurt or it's just a phase.  My LO has been very fussy in the evenings from about 5pm-8pm or sometimes later.  It's hard to find how to make him feel better because we try anything we think could soothe him.  He is getting better though but it's been going on for at least a week now (I can't remember anymore).

At this point with so little sleep she is probably very overtired which makes it worse.

It wouldn't hurt to consult your pedi to cover all your bases but I think it's normal and will pass just when you are about to lose your mind.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through this - only thing that got her back on track after being overtired was me laying down and napping with her.  I had a book and netflix and she napped for 4 hours on my chest. If you have time, it might be worth a shot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"