Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If your baby sleeps through a solid meal time

I'm curious what you do. I try to feed meals around 9:00-10:00 am, 12:00-1:00 pm, and 5:00-6:00 pm. Her breakfast is later because she just doesn't seem to care for the idea of breakfast all that much.

But lately her naps have been all over the place and she's starting to sleep when I would normally feed her. Should I feed her when she wakes and push back her next solid meal time? Or not worry about since she's so little anyway? Feed her when she starts looking tired? I'm a little lost.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your baby sleeps through a solid meal time

• You might want to change the times you are offering solids.  From what I've ready, a great majority of babies start getting a more "scheduled" nap time on there own between 5 and 8 months.  Usually the morning nap develops first between 9 and 10 am, the afternoon nap anywhere between 12 and 2 and some babies continue to have a late afternoon nap between 4-5 which only last around 30  minutes.  From what you've said, your LO seems to be eating when her body might naturally just be ready for sleep at that time.  You might want to try moving her meals back by a half hour to see if that works.  At this point, you really don't need to worry about solids but if you do want to get her into some sore of routine involving solids this might help.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If my kids sleep through a meal on a random occasion I either give them a snack when they wake up (if they seem hungry) or just wait until the next meal. If they are consistently sleeping through meals then I adjust the meal times to accommodate their sleep times. My son went through a very long phase of taking a 10-1:30 nap. I would give him a snack when he first woke up, a late breakfast and then lunch after the nap. I didn't do an afternoon snack, and then dinner at dinner time. 

Moral of the story: way easier to move eating than sleeping. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd just skip it.  Then if you see a new nap pattern surfacing arrange feeding around that

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesmilelari:
    I'd just skip it.  Then if you see a new nap pattern surfacing arrange feeding around that

This. At this point, rigidity in their solid schedules isn't really necessary. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:

imagesmilelari:
    I'd just skip it.  Then if you see a new nap pattern surfacing arrange feeding around that

This. At this point, rigidity in their solid schedules isn't really necessary. 

That's what I was most inclined to think. She had gotten into an awesome schedule for a while but then everything went everywhere. She has days where she will take a nap at 9 and then at 2 or one at 11 and then 2 and then 5 or even one day where she only took one two hour long nap. I just kind of feel like a bad mommy not feeding my baby lol.
  • my son is the same way when it comes to his breakfast. I usually wait about 30 minutes to an hour before he gets his breakfast. We do play time and then we feed him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"