January 2011 Moms
Options

Summer Plans

Does anyone have any?

We aren't going anywhere as far as I know. Just plan on doing the beach thing and maybe some theme parks. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Summer Plans

• Options

We're going to the beach in August, yippee I'll be 34 wks preg.  Not sure I'm too excited about the beach this year!  And, we'll do some day trips to amusement park, animal park, State Parks, etc.

What beach do you go to?  Is it close to you?  What theme parks?  Does LO like rides?

• Options
    I'm moving and pushing out a baby so I'm not planning anything.  We went to the beach a few weeks ago though and that was fun.  I'm hoping that maybe my mom will take E to the petting zoo while she's here after I have B so at least E gets to do something.  We also might go to the beach for a couple days when DH gets home, depending on when that is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are going to the beach with DH's family in August.  We've rented a pontoon boat for the week as well so that should be fun.

I will probably take a day or two off and do something fun with the boys.  I am thinking Joshua would like the zoo - even though the one here is super cheesy.

For work I know I have to go to Iowa next month & back to OKC sometime soon as well.

• Options
    My Mom likes to spring spontaneous trips on us so who knows but what I do have plan is a couple concerts one with Marsam :) 
  • Options
    Not much really. We're not really up for traveling with the girls at their current ages. We probably won't take any overnight trips until A is in a big girl bed so we don't have to buy another PNP or worry about renting one. I would like to take a day trip to the South Carolina Aquarium though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMom2Mack1:

We're going to the beach in August, yippee I'll be 34 wks preg.  Not sure I'm too excited about the beach this year!  And, we'll do some day trips to amusement park, animal park, State Parks, etc.

What beach do you go to?  Is it close to you?  What theme parks?  Does LO like rides?

Fun! Where are you going? I think it will feel good. I loved swimming when I was pregnant. 

I live in the San Diego area, maybe a little over a mile from the beach. So we go pretty often. We went to Laguna Beach today, it was fun.  We have all sorts of great theme parks and stuff here. Legoland, SeaWorld, the zoo and safari park, Disneyland etc..We went to Legoland a couple weeks ago and there were only a couple rides he could go on, but he seemed to like them once he got over the initial shock of it. Lol. He loves the zoo and safari park though. I bet he would like Sea World a lot too.

Siggy Badges

• Options

imageMrsHollywood1023:
    I'm moving and pushing out a baby so I'm not planning anything.  We went to the beach a few weeks ago though and that was fun.  I'm hoping that maybe my mom will take E to the petting zoo while she's here after I have B so at least E gets to do something.  We also might go to the beach for a couple days when DH gets home, depending on when that is. 

Yeah. You are going to be crazy busy! Hopefully your mom will keep E busy while she is there. When is your H coming back?

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageCaniacMom:

We are going to the beach with DH's family in August.  We've rented a pontoon boat for the week as well so that should be fun.

I will probably take a day or two off and do something fun with the boys.  I am thinking Joshua would like the zoo - even though the one here is super cheesy.

For work I know I have to go to Iowa next month & back to OKC sometime soon as well.

That sounds like fun. I love boats and zoos. Woot. 

Siggy Badges

• Options

imageRosieBcheeks98:
    My Mom likes to spring spontaneous trips on us so who knows but what I do have plan is a couple concerts one with Marsam :) 

What concerts?! I must know!!! Big Smile

Siggy Badges

• Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    Not much really. We're not really up for traveling with the girls at their current ages. We probably won't take any overnight trips until A is in a big girl bed so we don't have to buy another PNP or worry about renting one. I would like to take a day trip to the South Carolina Aquarium though.

I don't blame you. Travelling with 2U2 has got to be hard. The aquarium would be fun though.. Maybe you can get your H to watch the girls and get a spa day or something. You deserve it. 

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageRouensDream:
    imageMom2Mack1:

Fun! Where are you going? I think it will feel good. I loved swimming when I was pregnant. 

I live in the San Diego area, maybe a little over a mile from the beach. So we go pretty often. We went to Laguna Beach today, it was fun.  We have all sorts of great theme parks and stuff here. Legoland, SeaWorld, the zoo and safari park, Disneyland etc..We went to Legoland a couple weeks ago and there were only a couple rides he could go on, but he seemed to like them once he got over the initial shock of it. Lol. He loves the zoo and safari park though. I bet he would like Sea World a lot too.

We go to Outer Banks, NC.

That's awesome to have so many fun things close to home.

• Options
    We have a camping trip planned for July and a friend of mine and I took our little ones to the children's museum in town. It was really neat. I don't know if other cities have anything like that but it was a great trip. I really look forward to taking Iz when she's about three. I think it will have a lot more for her. Is there a FB group for the January moms? I posted a bunch of pictures and would love to share them with all of you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageRouensDream:

imageMrsHollywood1023:

Yeah. You are going to be crazy busy! Hopefully your mom will keep E busy while she is there. When is your H coming back?

Even though my mom is a bit of a helicopter, she's amazing at keeping E entertained and she does really well with out out in public without me.  She's the only person I trust right now to take E out without me, especially since she can be quiet the handful some days.  Unfortunately, we don't know when he's coming home.  For a while he was supposed to come home right before my due date but that changed.  Then it was August or September but we found out even that hasn't been approved so now I'm just hoping he's home for Christmas.  When we first started talking and preparing for the deployment we thought it was going to be another 12 month one so that's what I had mentally prepared myself for (as much as someone can anyways) so I just keep telling myself even if it's pushed back a few months it's not as long as we thought it was going to be.  

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member

MrsH - You are so amazing to be handling a move and getting ready for 2U2 on your own. You're awesome!

For the next month I'm checking out daycares and getting DD settled in one, going through my closet and getting rid of stuff and getting work clothes, and enjoying being home with DD but moving towards more of a wakeup schedule.

I start work July 16 but get 2 weeks unpaid vacation at the end of August when DH is off. We are hopefully going away with friends for the first week and then we'll see what to do the second week. I wanted to go on a cruise, but I don't think we'll convince our friends of that. So maybe we'll rent a house in the poconos instead.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    imageMrsHollywood1023:
    imageRouensDream:

imageMrsHollywood1023:

Even though my mom is a bit of a helicopter, she's amazing at keeping E entertained and she does really well with out out in public without me.  She's the only person I trust right now to take E out without me, especially since she can be quiet the handful some days.  Unfortunately, we don't know when he's coming home.  For a while he was supposed to come home right before my due date but that changed.  Then it was August or September but we found out even that hasn't been approved so now I'm just hoping he's home for Christmas.  When we first started talking and preparing for the deployment we thought it was going to be another 12 month one so that's what I had mentally prepared myself for (as much as someone can anyways) so I just keep telling myself even if it's pushed back a few months it's not as long as we thought it was going to be.  

Oh geez. That has to be hard not knowing. That has to be frustrating. I hope he is able to come home soon.

I'm glad your mom can help out. 

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageMom2Mack1:
    imageRouensDream:
    imageMom2Mack1:

We go to Outer Banks, NC.

That's awesome to have so many fun things close to home.

Fun. I hear NC is beautiful. 

Siggy Badges

• Options

imageskibi83:
    We have a camping trip planned for July and a friend of mine and I took our little ones to the children's museum in town. It was really neat. I don't know if other cities have anything like that but it was a great trip. I really look forward to taking Iz when she's about three. I think it will have a lot more for her. Is there a FB group for the January moms? I posted a bunch of pictures and would love to share them with all of you.

I love camping. That should be lots of fun. We have a children's museum somewhat nearby. I wasn't sure if DS would have fun, but if your little one had fun mine might too! Great suggestion.

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageRedZee:

MrsH - You are so amazing to be handling a move and getting ready for 2U2 on your own. You're awesome!

For the next month I'm checking out daycares and getting DD settled in one, going through my closet and getting rid of stuff and getting work clothes, and enjoying being home with DD but moving towards more of a wakeup schedule.

I start work July 16 but get 2 weeks unpaid vacation at the end of August when DH is off. We are hopefully going away with friends for the first week and then we'll see what to do the second week. I wanted to go on a cruise, but I don't think we'll convince our friends of that. So maybe we'll rent a house in the poconos instead.

Sounds like you will be busy! 

Siggy Badges

• Options
    We are actually headed on vacation on Wednesday, we rented a cabin on a lake in the Adirondack's.  We are gone until Sunday and Then on Tuesday we leave to go to my cousin's wedding in Kentucky, The day we come home dh leaves for Spain for 9 weeks, I am hoping to go visit for a week in August but I don't know if that will work out yet.  I broke my foot back in March and it still has not healed all the way, so unless it miraculously heals before I go back to the doctors after our trip it will be put in a cast (it has been in a walking boot since it happened), so having my foot in a cast with dh gone will definitely make things interesting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We usually do Great Adventure with the cousins.

We are going to SC this weekend up until July 11 (DH's dad has a resort for a home and it's on the beach :)).

DD and I are going to Europe sometime late August or early September, I need to buy our tix!

We are taking her to Sesame Place at the end of the Summer since it's free for under 2 y.o lol.

We have a Zoo membership so we go at least once a month to Central Pk zoo, but we will make the trek to the Bx Zoo before the Summer is over.

We also go to the beach every other weekend even if it's just for a few hours. DD really enjoys being outdoors and we love to take advantage of the Summer weather.

• Options

My in-laws rented a shore house for the summer and we went this past weekend...JT did surprisingly well so I hope to go again before summer is over.

I'm sure I'll do the Jersey shore with my mom at least for a night this summer.

I'm having a garage sale this weekend - my first!

We plan to do the zoo at some point, maybe Liberty Science Center again - I think he'd enjoy it a bit more now that he's a little older. Since I'm pg, I'm not interested in going to any theme parks!!

Not sure what else...I'm really the one that doesn't want to do any sort of vacation this year...DH would love to though! 

• Options

imagedebperdoo:
    We are actually headed on vacation on Wednesday, we rented a cabin on a lake in the Adirondack's.  We are gone until Sunday and Then on Tuesday we leave to go to my cousin's wedding in Kentucky, The day we come home dh leaves for Spain for 9 weeks, I am hoping to go visit for a week in August but I don't know if that will work out yet.  I broke my foot back in March and it still has not healed all the way, so unless it miraculously heals before I go back to the doctors after our trip it will be put in a cast (it has been in a walking boot since it happened), so having my foot in a cast with dh gone will definitely make things interesting.

I hope you can still have fun. 

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageHALFM00N:

We usually do Great Adventure with the cousins.

We are going to SC this weekend up until July 11 (DH's dad has a resort for a home and it's on the beach :)).

DD and I are going to Europe sometime late August or early September, I need to buy our tix!

We are taking her to Sesame Place at the end of the Summer since it's free for under 2 y.o lol.

We have a Zoo membership so we go at least once a month to Central Pk zoo, but we will make the trek to the Bx Zoo before the Summer is over.

We also go to the beach every other weekend even if it's just for a few hours. DD really enjoys being outdoors and we love to take advantage of the Summer weather.

Wow. Your summer sounds busy and fun!

Siggy Badges

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

My in-laws rented a shore house for the summer and we went this past weekend...JT did surprisingly well so I hope to go again before summer is over.

I'm sure I'll do the Jersey shore with my mom at least for a night this summer.

I'm having a garage sale this weekend - my first!

We plan to do the zoo at some point, maybe Liberty Science Center again - I think he'd enjoy it a bit more now that he's a little older. Since I'm pg, I'm not interested in going to any theme parks!!

Not sure what else...I'm really the one that doesn't want to do any sort of vacation this year...DH would love to though! 

That sounds fun! 

Siggy Badges

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"