Minnesota Babies

Maternity Clothes?

Where can I find maternity clothes around the TC area that aren't INSANELY expensive? It makes me cranky to spend so much on something I'll only wear a short time. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity Clothes?

• if you aren't already on their list, sign up for emails from Old Navy.  they have frequent sales and usually about once a month will have a 30% off sale.  I got the majority of my maternity stuff from old navy online as most of their stores don't have a maternity section and those that do, don't have much selection.
  • I have gotten most of my clothes from Motherhood Maternity. Watch for the sales because sometimes they will have buy one get one free. I have also had two friends share their maternity clothes with me so I wouldn't have to go out to buy new clothes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a consignment store in Richfield, Bellies to Babies that I went to. I've sold clothes there too. I would check out the clearance racks at Target, Kohls, Pennys, Old Navy (the Eden Prairie store has a small maternity section). This time of year you might find some things at garage sales. Do you have any friends you can borrow from? GL!
  • I had really good luck at the Goodwill. Target donates so much stuff there and I was able to find a lot of pants. I picked up 2 pairs of dress pants that Target had donated, they looked brand new. Went to Target later and saw the exact same pants for $20 more than what I spent on them at the Goodwill. I also found some great jeans there too. The best place I found shirts was Turn Style consignments, but mostly I was able to wear a lot of regular shirts or t-shirts and didn't have to get maternity tops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • What size are you looking for? I recently had my last baby and don't want to store my maternity clothes anymore.
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • NuLook Consignment on Penn Ave. That's where I got all but one item of my maternity clothes. I got 2 pr jeans, 2 pr dress pants, 1 dress, 2 skirts, and a shirt for under $100. They also sell regular clothes and baby clothes. 

I also tried Bellies to Babies. The store itself was nicer (with nicer changing rooms etc) but, a much, much smaller and more expensive selection. 

• I couldn't find anything in my size in any store so I ended up ordering from JCP and I didn't spend a lot on them at all.  The kicker is though, you might end up wearing them longer than you thought you would originally because for most women, your body doesn't spring back for quite a few months after baby if ever..  DS is 6mo old and I'm still wearing my maternity jeans (in my defense though, after this PG I was left with a condition that until I have corrective surgery, I will still look 9mo pregnant - which SUCKS because there are other symptoms to go with it)..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to Bellies to Babies and found some good stuff there too. Gap for jeans was all I could work. Kohl's was pretty affordable, and I also got stuff at Target and Old Navy. I refuse to shop at Motherhood Maternity. They sell your information.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• I found a lot of decent stuff at Kohls that I could wear to work.  But the selection was limited so I had to keep checking back for new stuff.  Also got a few things at Target.  Just keep scanning the clearance racks.  Even Target full price maternity was ridiculous.  Oh, and Turn Style in Roseville.  Good luck!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

•  The gap is having an awesome sale with tee's and tanks as low as $5.99 !
  • I just wanted to thank you for the question and everyone for the answer. This is so helpful. We ladies are all on a budget ;-)
  • Thanks for the help ladies! I actually found a couple of t-shirts and a dress on clearance at Target today. I will definitely check out the consignment shops as well as Good Will. AND my friend is lending me some of her clothes as well as a winter coat...which I hadn't even thought of!!
  • I LOVE Clothe's Mentor if you don't mind used clothing! :)

There is one in Eden Prairie, Minnetonka (conviently located next to a Babies R Us) ..and other places too.. those are just the 2 I go to :)

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"