Multiples

Twins! When do you start showing . . .

I just found out I am pregnant with twins and I just wanted to know when I should expect to start showing. My friend is 14 weeks with a singleton and isn't showing at all and my mom didn't show with me until just shy of 6 months.  Thanks! =D  
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Twins! When do you start showing . . .

• I started expanding really early. At 9 weeks people were suspicious. I was so big at my 12 week checkup that they sent me for an u/s to see if anything was "wrong" (I have a history of fibroids). And voila, they saw twins! So pretty darn early. I was fairly slender to start so it was pretty obvious. But I met another mom of twins who was also slender to start, that showed a bit later (but not much). Everyone is different though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, that give me a great idea of what to expect!  I figured I would be too big to keep it from others until 12 weeks!  We might just have to wing it!  
  • Loading the player...
  • My bloat has officially started turning into a bump -- while I don't think it's obvious to anyone else who's not in the loop, my immediate fam has definitely said it's pretty noticeable to them. Lol. I am still continuing to hide it as much as possible -- because, quite frankly, it just looks like I've taken to eating ice cream a little too often. ;)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
  • I popped at 19 weeks, but I started noticing that I was showing around 12-13 weeks. It was easy for me to hide (and just look like I'd been eating too many Oreos) until 18-19 weeks, but then the game was up! I'm not the norm, however. I had my first ultrasound at 20 weeks, because I'd been growing on track for a singleton pregnancy, and we were shocked to find two! It sounds like most other twin mamas grow faster earlier on than I did.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With my first set, my coworkers noticed my bloat and were suspicious around 8-9 weeks. I had to wear much looser clothes and my work clothes are fairly fitted. With this pregnancy I already can't fit in anything so a bunch of coworkers noticed and are talking again. I just spent the weekend with my very observant grandma though, and she didn't say anything. Whew! She did notice all of the water I've been drinking though:) 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If your tall like me later- past 12 weeks!
  • I was using a bella band at 8/9 weeks and moved into maternity pants at 12 weeks. My belly popped right around 10/11 weeks.
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member
    I was 13 weeks or so before I told people at work and they were shocked. I bought my first maternity clothes around 14 or 15 weeks, I think. 
  • i showed later than in this singleton pregnancy- i think i had a tiny bump at 15 weeks, looked "fat or pregnant?" around 16-17, and then started to look actually pregnant at 19 weeks. i carried smaller than some of my friends who were only pregnant with 1.

i am already "fat or pregnant" with this pregnancy, so i am dreading how big i will get!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 6 months along before people started to wonder and then were surprised to hear how far i was and that it was twins. 30 weeks and i had a bump but it wasnt huge.  I never really wore maternity clothes, but my boys were born at 33 weeks.  I'm 5 foot tall, petite, and athletic.
  • I started showing at 8 weeks. I was also in maternity clothes at 10 weeks! With my singleton, I didn't show until I was in my 7th month!
  • It'll depend a lot on your height and waist. I'm 5'3" and have three kids, so at 12 weeks I look like I'm about 20w pregnant. With my first it was about 9w that I looked pregnant. With these two I was about 7w when people started asking if I was pregnant. Yowza. 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so big already! People at work were suspicious by 8-10 weeks, I even got asked if I was pregnant- who does that?! Then I really popped out by 11/12 weeks, there was no hiding that it was a pregnant belly and not chubs. I think it may be worse cuz I have been pregnant before. I am scared how big I will get- I felt huge with my first and I am way bigger this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I am right at 12w and haven't told anyone at work. Now that that damn bloat is gone, i don't think i look pregs. I am 5,5 but have a long body and short legs (lots of room for the kiddos!). What also has been working for me is i have always had a smaller waist and so my pants are always a little loose at the top (until now). I wear the same clothes, they just sit differently right now. think i'll probably start showing in a couple weeks. i stick to my more flowy tops, too.

• I agree that it depends a lot on your body type.  I was 5'6 140 lbs when I got pregnant and I didn't show/wear maternity pants until 16 weeks.
    Birthday
  • I'm a plus sized momma so it took a little longer than it would have with the thinner mommas but I was in maternity pants by around 14 weeks, definite little bump by 16 weeks (was measuring 20 weeks) and I can tell in pics from our oldest son's birthday at 18 weeks after that there wasn't much denying it.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • I had pretty bad morning sickness and lost weight at first and I also didn't have a flat stomach to begin with.  I could still wear regular clothes and wasn't really showing until almost 18 weeks.  I really "popped" between 18-20 weeks and now I just keep growing and growing! 
  • Well, I have triplets but at 8 weeks nothing fit. At 10 weeks I was showing but could hide it from coworkers. At 12 weeks it was soooooo obvious I was pregnant. Now, at 16 weeks it looks like I swallowed a basketball. Congrats to you! Everyone is different and it depends on your body type too. I'm 5'3", and petite. 
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started showing at 17 weeks and I can't believe how much my belly has grown in the last month!

Due to morning sickness, by 12 weeks I had lost 6 lbs. 

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to switch to maternity pants around 17-18 weeks. That's when I started to show.
  • I didn't show AT ALL til around 16-17w.  Even at 12w I was still wearing my skinny jeans.  Around 13-14w I had to start unbuttoning the jeans as they were getting a little snug, but still wasn't showing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is my second pg.  With my first, a singleton, I was obviously pg by 16/17 weeks. This time around I was in maternity pants by 12 weeks, but more for comfort than necessity. I had an clear bump by 14/15 weeks, so definitely earlier, but not much.  We went public at 13 weeks.  I'm 5'11" and was at a healthy weight before I got pg.  
  • I'm 5'1" and pre-pregnancy was 115, with a super short torso...so when I hit 8 weeks I started wearing maternity pants...mostly for comfort.  By 12/13 weeks I had an obvious bump if I work form fitted shirts. At 14 weeks I definitely "popped" ...then I "popped" again at 23 weeks....I was GINORMOUS for my frame! lol :)
    God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • I am 12w3d, but also plus-size. I don't "show", but I do look like i have put on weight. I actually haven't gained anything. (I gained a lot during IVF though). 

My current size pants no longer fit. I had to go up a size and now those are tight. Maternity pants don't seem to fit right though, but I did wear maternity leggings all weekend which was fantastic.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"