Special Needs
Options

Reusable equivalent to a juice box?

DD is starting to learn how to use a straw, but still needs me to do the initial squeeze to remind her what its for. I'm hoping for something equivalent to a juice box with a small volume that can be reused. Anybody have suggestions?

We bought a sippie with straw from Target that said you could squeeze the cup,but in reality the plastic is hard and I think I'd have to run over it with my SUV to actually bend the plastic at all. ;) ... I'm familiar with the honey bottle bear that can be squeezed, but am hoping for something a bit smaller than this that DD could hopefully get her hands around to help hold. (She's very tiny). 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reusable equivalent to a juice box?

• Options
    You can get a small squirt bottle and some aquarium hosing to make your own mini honey bear bottle.  Our OT did this with LA before she went NPO and the bottle was maybe 4" tall by 2" in diameter.  It was easy to squeeze and small enough for little hands.
  • Options
    I have this: https://www.rubbermaid.com/category/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_Id=RP091206. It's easy to squeeze and the 8.5 oz one is pretty small. I think I got it at Walmart.
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMummyGruetzie:

DD is starting to learn how to use a straw, but still needs me to do the initial squeeze to remind her what its for. I'm hoping for something equivalent to a juice box with a small volume that can be reused. Anybody have suggestions?

We bought a sippie with straw from Target that said you could squeeze the cup,but in reality the plastic is hard and I think I'd have to run over it with my SUV to actually bend the plastic at all. ;) ... I'm familiar with the honey bottle bear that can be squeezed, but am hoping for something a bit smaller than this that DD could hopefully get her hands around to help hold. (She's very tiny). 

Thanks!

AHHH the Playtex straw sippie!!!

1) Make sure it's FULL.  The more liquid in it, the easier it is to squeeze.

2) DON'T overtighten the lid.  If it's really tight it's impossible to squeeze the lid.  Try loosening it slightly, just a touch, it should help a lot. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"