September 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone feel AWFUL after Glucose Test

I just had my 1 hour this morning,  Not only am I sick to my stomach but I have awful jitters and they baby is doing somersaults.

Re: Anyone feel AWFUL after Glucose Test

• Options
    I didn't feel so hot, either. I ate a protein-rich breakfast like they told me to and still felt bad.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a 2 hour on Tuesday and I was suppose to fast after midnight and couldn't even drink water until it was done.  I felt like sh!t all day because I never drink anything but water, juice and herbal tea.  I went out to eat with my dad after and ate so fast that the rest of the day I just crashed from highs and lows...thank god I passed...never want to do that again.  I was nauseous, tired, lightheaded, hungry and thirsty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt blah right after my 1 hour, then about 45 minutes later my sugar crashed and I got hot, shakey and dizzy.  I ate a really good lunch and felt a lot better.  After my 3 hour my body just totally said "you are going to sleep now" and I took a 3 hour "nap".  Afterwards I still felt sick for a day or so.  I think that while its good to screen for potential problems, the stress put on our already overworked bodies for these sugar tests is more harmful than helpful.  There has got to be a better way to test for GD!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If my experience is scientific (and obviously ALL anecdotal evidence on TB is science), you probably don't have GD if you feel like a$s right now.  I felt AWESOME after my 1 hour tests with DS and DD and quite enjoyed the glucose drink.  Yeah, GD.  This time I felt really awful and no GD.

Good luck! 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon! I was fine w/ mine, and I passed- also went to the gym after all was said and done! GL!

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had the jitters all day and had on and off dizzy spells. I sucked down tons of water that day and had an intense boot camp class that night. None of it mattered, I didn't feel better until I woke up the next morning.

Good luck - ps, I passed mine. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member

Wow, I'm surprised so many of you ladies are allowed to eat before it! I have to fast from midnight until my appointment (830am).  I can have water, but only a few sips if I'm dying for it. 

I felt horrible after it with DD.  I thought that I was going to pass out, had cold sweats, and was jittery.  I'm not looking forward to my appointment on Thursday :(

• Options
    I was told to drink TONS of water afterwards to help recover... but I had errands to run, etc and didn't. I felt pretty out of it and jittery the rest of the day.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I did mine a little over a week ago.  I did a 1 hr and was allowed to eat before it.  I ended up having a glass of milk and a bowl of cheerios (regular) and passed!  I did feel like crud all day after though.  Having to be at work and feeling like that did not go over well. 

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Except for the nasty taste lingering in my mouth I felt okay just wanted to go to sleep that afternoon big time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did mine Wednesday and I ate an egg and toast about an hour before hand. I felt normal most of the day, but had some insane bloating in the afternoon/evening.  Slight upset stomach in the evening as well.  Nothing during the actual test or near after.

I passed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt horrible afterwards, after the testing I slept all day and didn't start feeling "normal" until I ate something.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't feel well either. Too much sugar for me. I felt better a few hours later though; hope you do too!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

They always make me sick.  All the ones I've had were pregnancy, and they made me feel horrible all day.

I'm really thankful that my doctor/midwife was open to me not taken the Glucose tests, and instead, do a 3 day blood sugar monitor, along with me just following a lower carbohydrate diet to avoid it. They get their information, and I don't get sick.  Win win.  Also, my doctor and midwife feel that this test, though more work for them and  me, is a better test to really see how you blood sugar is responding to normal foods that you are eating.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yep, just did mine this morning and I felt awful after I drank the stuff and I'm still feeling "off" even after I had a snack and sme caffeine. ( I didn't know whether or not coffe was ok, so I just did 2 eggs and some water.) Chugging water and eating a huge salad for lunch should help. 

Before I even did the test, I had to sit at the lab for almost 45 min waiting while they cleared up some confusion with my dr's office. Apparently, at my last appt the nurse ordered the 3 hr instead of the 1 hr. so when I showed up at 9, with my DS, iPad, crayons and a coloring book and they asked why I was doing the 3 hr, I was annoyed & hungry & in need of coffee. The lab had to call and have someone reorder the 1 hr and cancel the 3 hr. 

Entertaining a 2 year old for almost 2 hours in a waiting room while on caffeine with drawal and then the sugar shakes should be penance enough, I had better pass! DS was a total champ/rock star and all the lab ladies LOVED him, so that's a plus!  I took him to a a fun, new park as his treat for being EXTRA good! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did too. Eat some real food and then take a nap. Hopefully that'll fix it. It's a mean, but necessary test. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageskyejo:

Wow, I'm surprised so many of you ladies are allowed to eat before it! I have to fast from midnight until my appointment (830am).  I can have water, but only a few sips if I'm dying for it. 

I felt horrible after it with DD.  I thought that I was going to pass out, had cold sweats, and was jittery.  I'm not looking forward to my appointment on Thursday :(

No one told me to fast...I bet I fail...

• Options

I felt the same way.  I forgot the test was that day and I ate alot of sugar and carbs that day and still passed it.

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options

imageDaje12112:
    I felt blah right after my 1 hour, then about 45 minutes later my sugar crashed and I got hot, shakey and dizzy.  I ate a really good lunch and felt a lot better.  After my 3 hour my body just totally said "you are going to sleep now" and I took a 3 hour "nap".  Afterwards I still felt sick for a day or so.  I think that while its good to screen for potential problems, the stress put on our already overworked bodies for these sugar tests is more harmful than helpful.  There has got to be a better way to test for GD!

Yes  This times 1000!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJennH28:

imageDaje12112:

Yes  This times 1000!

HELL YES.

my doctor blames the lack of food and water for the early labour i experienced on Tuesday, and even she was shaking her head at the stress it puts on our bodies to endure this test. um...can we invent a better way? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I feel pretty weird after the 1hr test. I had a protein-filled breakfast, but I still went right out for lunch, came home, put DS down for a nap, and passed out.

The lab messed up my results so I'm opting for taking the 3 hour test (since I failed the 1 hr with DS anyway and I just want to get it over with. My doctor originally offered me the 3 hr test first anyway, but I went for the 1 hr for the following reason) on July 6th. DH is taking the whole day off, because I've had the 3 hr test several times before (most of them while not pregnant) and know that it messes me up for the whole day. He'll drive me to the doctor, play with DS somewhere for the duration of the test, come pick me up bearing food, and take me home to nap for as long as I need to. He is hoping to work from home some while DS and I both nap, but he pretty much has to be on call for me to be out of it for the day.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"