Minnesota Babies

Anyone have a jogger they've been meaning to sell?

I have been stalking Craigslist and sending out emails to various people on there with reasonable offers but they've either sold or are holding out to see if they can get more $$.

I am looking for a BOB Revolution. So if anyone has one that they've been meaning to sell and just haven't gotten around to it yet, let me know! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone have a jogger they've been meaning to sell?

• There's 5 on craigslist this morning.  Don't know what you're willing to spend but you aren't going to find much of a price break in the BOB's or any Burley's, or Chariot's...as that's the reason people buy those brands is for the resale value. 
  • I bought mine as a clearance model at REI last year and got it for about what they go for on Craig's List.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Loading the player...
  • imagebig_noise:
    I bought mine as a clearance model at REI last year and got it for about what they go for on Craig's List.

Thanks! I should check with BBB and BRU and see when the new models will be coming in and the 2011 will be clearanced.  I can get a new 2011 on Amazon for $355 w/a parent console, so I am having sticker shock with 4 year old ones on CL for $250+. Trying to decide if I should just buy a new one and sell it eventually when we outgrow it, making it cheaper in the end since they apparently retain so much of their value.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree about the Craigslist pricing.  Either there are some not so bright people out there that have never been on Amazon or people are not getting response to their Craigslist ads.  A few people are trying to sell them for more than Amazon new - crazy!

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• The stroller and bike trailer were things I wasn't willing to scrimp on price wise I knew I wanted them, I knew I wanted them to be high quality and last me a while so they were the area's I spent money one.  We didn't buy an expensive crib, or changing table, and we got a hand me down dresser from DH's grandparents so I spent the money on something that would last me a long time on.  And it wasn't something I was going to buy online either, I wanted to test them and drive them.  I happened to get lucky with my baby jogger and got a 2008 clearance model at Baby on Grand for $400...I just sold it for $250 on craigslist.

Our burley was the BEST gift we ever received because the knock off brands would never hold up to the amount of miles I put on my bike every week (think 100+).  When it comes time to sell it I'm sure we'll get somewhere in the ballpark of half of what it was purchased for, and the bonus is that it's got the jogging stroller attachments too.

• imagesmurf605:
    I agree about the Craigslist pricing.  Either there are some not so bright people out there that have never been on Amazon or people are not getting response to their Craigslist ads.  A few people are trying to sell them for more than Amazon new - crazy!

Those people are not crazy, they're incredibly smart...its like selling an SUV with 4wd you don't sell those in the middle of summer, you sell them after the first big snow fall when people are crabbing about how crappy it is to drive their cars...same goes for jogging strollers and bike trailers...you don't sell them in the dead of winter, sell them right now when everyone is itching to get out with their cute little one's and "needs" one.

• imageakstanl:

imagebig_noise:
    I bought mine as a clearance model at REI last year and got it for about what they go for on Craig's List.

Thanks! I should check with BBB and BRU and see when the new models will be coming in and the 2011 will be clearanced.  I can get a new 2011 on Amazon for $355 w/a parent console, so I am having sticker shock with 4 year old ones on CL for $250+. Trying to decide if I should just buy a new one and sell it eventually when we outgrow it, making it cheaper in the end since they apparently retain so much of their value.

They do go for that much on CL and they go fast.

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"