Special Needs

Anyone have experience with Mito issues?

We just saw genetics again yesterday and she said we are labeling him with mitochondria dysfunction.

Anyone have ANY experience with mitochondrial issues?

Z(Monkey) 6-30-07 and E(Bear) 9-6-10 Living life with my little warrior and his big brother :)imageimageimage

Re: Anyone have experience with Mito issues?

• Momto4 mentions delayed myelination in her posts, I think.  Is that a part of mito issues?  I would say she or auntie are the people you probably want to look for.  they both seem to be around here more in the late morning.
  • MAtoNCMAtoNC member

I have not personally dealt with this, but I have a friend whose son has mito. It can manifest very differently in each child. 

Here is a link you might find helpful:

https://www.mitoaction.org/

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think there was a mommy with a picture of boy twins in her siggy and one had mito? Does that ring anyone's bell? I can't remember her screen name.

I think Mommyof4boys has genetic deletions in the family and not mito...

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• My son had mito issues after his vaccine injury (he was given incorrect vaccines). We did a lot of neuro immune healing. His cell regeneration / function was so slow at one point he could only get up and physically move for 30-40 minutes a day. He was a limp noodle for the rest of the day after that. He was heavily weighed down with free radicals in the cells as well. Diet changes and antioxidants were huge for him. Mito Restore from neurobiologix was very key for him. He sees the doctor who created the supp and they had a huge hand in his healing. They see a large number of mito patients, mostly peds, and have a very high healing / recovery rate. don't let anyone tell you that you can't overcome mito issues, it takes a lot of healing but it is not impossible with the right protocol.  Fwiw, my son no longer has the issues he once did. He runs constantly now, I can't keep up with him 99% of the time :)
  • imageAssembly_Reqd:

I think there was a mommy with a picture of boy twins in her siggy and one had mito? Does that ring anyone's bell? I can't remember her screen name.

I think Mommyof4boys has genetic deletions in the family and not mito...

I know the other mom.  She and I are friends on another message board.  We have a 16p11.2 duplication which CAN be associated with mito but in our case isn't.   I can talk to the other mom and see if she can answer any questions for you :) 

• I reached out to my friend.  Expect a PM.  Unfortunately through my research, mito will not be cured.  There is no magic something that you can take to cure it.  It is a genetic change at the basic DNA level.  As the one pp has responded that her son had changes by doing some things to assist, that's wonderful but not the norm.  The multiple friends that I know that do have kids with mito, they have meds they take to assist them but there will have issues as a result of the change in their DNA structure.  Wish GRANTed on facebook https://www.facebook.com/wishgrantedproject?ref=ts has info that might be helpful as well.

My son's genetic change is called 16p11.2 duplication and we have quite a few kids I know who have the 16p and mito through my support group but my son doesn't have mito.  We do some things for our youngest but we know that he will never essentially be "cured" but he can learn to adapt  and that he is doing quite well at.  We were told he wouldn't walk or talk until much later and he's walking and talking *with the help of a communication device*. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"