2nd Trimester

20 weeks and just look fat

I am 20 weeks and just look plain fat. the only time i look pregnant is when I am wearing my maternity jeans that shapes my belly. Granted, I started out being a chubster BUT i figured I would have rounded out by now. I know this isnt a very common issue. I am overweight but me and baby are very healthy. I have gained maybe 2-3 pounds throughout my whole pregnancy. but am still really wanting people at work to stop with the whispering and rumors that I am lying about being pregnant.. I am just ready to round out and not look like a huge whale. This is my first baby as well, i know it takes longer but i'm almost half way done and would have assumed since I was bigger to begin with, I would show faster..

Re: 20 weeks and just look fat

• Before you know it, you'll "pop" and there won't be anything you can do to hide it! It definitely does help to wear certain maternity clothes that give you more of the roundness in your belly.

Sorry you have to deal with stupid coworkers. :/

• With my first I didn't pop until like 27 weeks.

I was pregnant, needed maternity pants but just looked like I was gaining weight.

One day I woke up and was like "oh wow look its a baby"

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm the same way, I know I'm "showing" but it just looks like more fat! I've only gained 6lbs which I think was pretty good. I feel like my boobs are the same too, and I wish it would pop and my top grow, so I can feel like a pretty momma to be instead of a fat chick. :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree, I feel like I look just fat. I'm just like you, I know I'm growing and showing, its obvious to me because of all the tiger stripes on my belly. lol
  •  thank you for that, I needed that!!

The company I work for, period, is a joke. Cannot stand working there. You get absolutely nowhere, unless you kiss a lot of ass. and thats not who I am. I want to be promoted based on how good of a worker I am instead of kissing my boss' ass... WHO is racist. its seriously a terrible place to work. lol

• With my first, I started out considerably heavier than I am with this one and I didn't start showing till well after my anatomy scan, which was at 22 weeks.
  • I understand.  I've lost a couple of pounds since becoming pregnant and I just look fatter than before.  I'm only 15 weeks.  
  • I have quite a few pre-pregnancy shirts that still fit just fine, but make me look like I have a beer belly. Even thought I'm still not really big enough to wear many maternity tops, but I look so much cuter when I do! I never realized how the construction is much more flattering then regular shirts even if the bump hasn't "popped" yet. Maybe that would also help give your bump some definition?

Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • Post a bump pic!  I bet you all of us will disagree with you...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm in the same boat.  Maternity pants don't fit.  I'm still in my old clothes and I'm 18w1d.  I just want the bump!  I guess the only good thing is I've not gaine any weight although my belly is thicker.  Grrr
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one granted I'm a plus size gal.  I have had people at work rub the top of my belly trying to talk to the baby, and I'm like "uh, that's just fat.  The baby is a little lower. kthxbye."  I'm just not going to be this cute pregnant woman. I feel blessed that I have only gained 1lb so far. Oh well, the reward is still the same!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am just over 23 weeks and I still just look fat although slightly more prego now.  But my belly forms the letter B if you look at it from the side, and without full panel maternity pants I look plain lumpy.  My sister never looked pregnant and she was very plus size while pregnant with my niece. I asked my doctor the other day about my belly and he said not worry some never round out.  I am looking to be one of those people.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • imagechristinasullie37:

I am just over 23 weeks and I still just look fat although slightly more prego now.  But my belly forms the letter B if you look at it from the side, and without full panel maternity pants I look plain lumpy.  My sister never looked pregnant and she was very plus size while pregnant with my niece. I asked my doctor the other day about my belly and he said not worry some never round out.  I am looking to be one of those people.

This is me exactly. I have the "B" shaped belly from the side. Hoping my belly button pops out, but I'm doubting it will.

Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagechristinasullie37:

I am just over 23 weeks and I still just look fat although slightly more prego now.  But my belly forms the letter B if you look at it from the side, and without full panel maternity pants I look plain lumpy.  My sister never looked pregnant and she was very plus size while pregnant with my niece. I asked my doctor the other day about my belly and he said not worry some never round out.  I am looking to be one of those people.

im exactly the same way!! i have the "B" and looked like that pre pregnancy and basically my whole life. today though, I am getting some massive kicks whichis moving my belly around alot. so maybe now that the baby wants to show off it's karate skills people will notice..

• imageJoyHerbie2011:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one granted I'm a plus size gal.  I have had people at work rub the top of my belly trying to talk to the baby, and I'm like "uh, that's just fat.  The baby is a little lower. kthxbye."  I'm just not going to be this cute pregnant woman. I feel blessed that I have only gained 1lb so far. Oh well, the reward is still the same!

OMG! i'm in the same boat, and I dont want to be rude to the people I work with.. they are so excited for me. i didnt know so many other women had the same issues like me. I just want the belly already. and I am hoping that this belly fills out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"