Boston Babies
Options

Sick Care

Wondering if any local moms have any recommendations for Sick Care.

My son goes to a GREAT daycare, but they don't provide sick care. Which was fine, but now that the company I work for is closing I am trying to switch jobs so the ability to just up an leave, I will not longer have so I'm wondering if there are any places that do sick care or recommendations for nannies/sitters. 

I've noticed a lot of other facilites do what they call Backup care for the community on a daily rate but haven;t seen any that do sick care unless its a private day care and your child has to be enrolled there full time.  Any recommendations would be VERY helpful. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby #1 7/16/10
Baby #2 11/14/12 
Baby #3 12/11/14
Baby #4  3/30/17
Baby #5 2/28/19 
Baby #6 Miscarriage
Baby #7 7/3/22
Naturally with PCOS

Re: Sick Care

• Options

Bright Horizons provides Sick Care and they have many locations in MA.  Good luck.

https://www.brighthorizons.com/resources/pdf/back-up_advantage.pdf

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thanks but bright horizons only provides "sick day care" which is when your provider is sick and closed for the day.

What I meant are there any local places that provide sick care like if your child has a cold which matriculated into a low grade fever but they aren't sick like chicken pox sick.  I know some family daycare provide "sick care" for the kids that are enrolled but cant seem to find any facilities that provide it.

In other states there are actual facilities that unless its like serious illness (chicken pox etc.) they provide whats known was sick care which is why I asked. B/c my son's school doesn't keeps the kids if they have a fever 99 and above. Which makes sense to some degree but there have been a few times that I have had to go get him for a fever of 99 that by the next day is normal cuz there was nothing technically wrong but he had a cold but its just their policy that anything 99 and over they release the kids.

Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work at a local nanny agency and we help families with care like this. If you knew the day before that you would need help the family gives us a call. We would reach out to our already screened and background checked nannies to see who might be available.  Then you would reach out to them to talk with them and coordinate for them to come to your home. I'm happy to provide our website if you were interested in any additional information!  
  • Options

Is it care.com or sitter.com ?

B/c those I have looked into and I find it hard to believe that the yearly rate is over $300 when I may only need the service once or twice in the year and STILL have to pay the person the agency sends the day of service $150 as well as a service fee of $50 for the day.   Which I get that everything has expenses but the cost just does not seem justified.

Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    I work at Boston Nanny Centre (www.bostonnanny.com). We also have an agency fee for temporary placements which is $35/day for the first 5 days then $25/day for any additional days after that (which would only be paid if you hired someone). You would pay the nanny directly for the hours she works. If you had any questions feel free to email alicia@bostonnanny.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"