Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Does anyone have a trampoline?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with trampolines?  I want to get one for my LO.  She has a lot of energy and a trampoline looks like a good toy that would help get rid of some of it.  I don't think I want one of those huge ones but maybe a smaller one.   

If you have one which one did you get? 

Do you think a 3 & 1/2 yr old would like it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone have a trampoline?

• Options

We have this one for ds.  He used it for about a year, but we have since put it away.  He did love it when we had it out...

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Fun-Kids-Jumper-Trampoline/dp/B002N5AHHQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1340328901&sr=1-3&keywords=trampoline

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    No way...too dangerous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this one and loooove it.  We monitor the boys and they are great with it.  I love it when they jump while watching tv!

https://www.amazon.com/BZ4808R-Bazoongi-48-Bouncer-Red/dp/B0052OSPMY/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1340334943&sr=8-18&keywords=Mini+trampoline+kids

• Options
    We looked at our homeowners insurance and decided against it.  We would not be covered and could actually be dropped.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    We will never own a trampoline due to the saftey issues.  My BIL is an orthopedic surgeon and the stories he tells - now way.  We had gotten a small bounce house as a gift from my SIL when my older DD was a year or 2 and the girls loved it and it was much safer.  We always watched them in it and only 1 person could be in at at time.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

I agree you might want to check first with your homeowner's insurance policy. When I switched a year ago, it was actually a question if we had one. I asked why and he said that many insurance companies will NOT insure you if you have a trampoline.

Just a heads up.

• Options
    I would never have one, but I had no idea about the home owner's!  My aunt and uncle just got one and their 21 year old was on it for 60 seconds before falling off and injuring his leg so badly that he can't walk for 6-8 weeks and will likely have lifetime issues and arthritis.  That is not to mention the TBI issues.  My dad is a doc and he would freak if I ever got one for my kids!  No thanks. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options

We have an outdoor one.  I believe its 12 or 14ft and completely enclosed with a net.  Our kids love it!  Most of the kids in the neighborhood have them also, some without nets (yikes!!), I forbid my kids to jump those without nets.

DD jumps on them at gymnastics class also.  

We have made attempts to make the kids as safe a possible & teach them rules of proper jumping...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow, thanks for all the info. 

Lots of things I did not think of !  I guess I will stick to just taking her to the bounce house.

:) 

• Options
    My experience is that I broke my leg and tore ligaments on my ankle while on a trampoline as a child. I never fell off, just landed on it wrong. It still hurts to this day when I am active.

• Options
    My kids had one. I have a 14 year old and we got it for her a requests ago. My little ones love it ( 2 and 4) that is till they destroyed the outer net. Now we can't use it till we replace that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"