Food Allergy
Options

Eliminated dairy/soy. How long before improvement?

Hello. I have been dealing with a fussy baby who cries during feedings (EBF) and sometimes at night  inbetween. This has been going on since week 6. I have met with an LC and a LLL leader and they both suspect dairy issues. I did consume a fair amount of dairy prior to eliminating it. I have been off dairy and soy for a week tomorrow. I have seen an improvement in her congestion but not the crying while eating. Has anyone experienced this and how long did it take you to see a difference? We also started reflux meds yesterday. Thanks.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Eliminated dairy/soy. How long before improvement?

• Options

Some mothers see improvement within 48 hours but most say that it seemed to be completely eliminated from their system in 3 weeks (up to 5).  Keep in mind that something else could possibly be causing her tummy troubles.  My daughter is sensitive to much more than milk or soy.  We have eliminated most of the top 8 allergens and she is doing much better.

I would keep the milk and soy out for another few weeks.  If no more improvement, try taking out things like eggs, nuts, wheat etc.  Also, make sure you're eliminating "hidden dairy" as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

19 days, so hang in there!  I was almost ready to give up at 15 days but decided to stick it out till 21 days (3 weeks).

Reflux meds also van take 1-3 weeks to start being effective, hang in there!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It took about 4 weeks for my girls. Sometimes it just takes a bit for the allergen(s) to get out of the system, and if the allergy has caused any damage to the GI tract it needs some time to heal. But like a PP said, 3-5 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It took me four weeks.  At three weeks there was significant improvement, and at four weeks we were in the clear.  Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hi and thank you! I just wanted to say my dd is finally improving at around three weeks of no dairy/soy. She is so much happier and sleeping better. The only issue now is that she will not nurse so I am exclusivly pumping but thats a different story. Im just glad she is not crying all the time now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"