Baby Showers
Options

Shower Location ?

A great friend has offerred to host my shower. She asked me for dates and a guest list, and then said she can do it at her place, or if I want it at my place, that works for her too. I hadn't thought about it before...it is inappropriate to have the shower at my own house? It would definitely make it easier in terms of not having to transport gifts...and also I could do the cleaning, rather than feeling bad that my girlfriend is having to clean for guests at her place, for me! Any thoughts?

Most of the showers I've been to have been at a restaurant or someone's house other than the MTB.

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view

Re: Shower Location ?

• Options

For me, part of the shower is that you get to just be the guest of honor and show up and have fun.  I wouldn't want to have to clean my house and get it ready for a big party for my own shower.  I would just let her have it at her place.  It's not that big of a deal to load gifts into your trunk and take them home.

As far as whether it's inappropriate, no I don't think it is.  As long as the invitation says it's hosted by her and not you, then it's fine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedanieliza1127:

For me, part of the shower is that you get to just be the guest of honor and show up and have fun.  I wouldn't want to have to clean my house and get it ready for a big party for my own shower.  I would just let her have it at her place.  It's not that big of a deal to load gifts into your trunk and take them home.

As far as whether it's inappropriate, no I don't think it is.  As long as the invitation says it's hosted by her and not you, then it's fine. 

I actually don'd mind this part...plus we are moving into a new place next month, so I like the idea of being able to share our new house! Just didn't know if it's appropriate since I'd never been to one that was at the house of MTB.  Thanks for the input!

7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    If you don't mind having it at your house I see no issue with letting your friend host it there. It definitely makes it more conveinent. My Sister in law had both her showers hosted at her house by her friends and it worked out great. 
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imageMandJS:
    It's totally fine to have it at the MTB's house, as long as MTB isn't the hostess. 

Yes

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    Her house.  You should not feel bad that she has to clean since she is the one who offered to throw you a party.  If she doesn't want to have to clean then she can rent a place.  You should not have it at your house.  It would make me think you are throwing your own party for gifts and are just saying that she is throwing it. Plus, you are the KU one and should not be cleaning for a party.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    When some friends and I threw a shower for our friend, we asked if she would like to have it at her house, and we paid a cleaning lady to come clean everything beforehand, and then cleaned up everything after the shower ourselves.  It was nice and relaxed, and everyone got to ooh and ahh over the nursery.
  • Options

imagemhickey426:
    Her house.  You should not feel bad that she has to clean since she is the one who offered to throw you a party.  If she doesn't want to have to clean then she can rent a place.  You should not have it at your house.  It would make me think you are throwing your own party for gifts and are just saying that she is throwing it. Plus, you are the KU one and should not be cleaning for a party.

Oh, she has no problem with it being at her house. She just gave me the option, if I preferred my house, and I wasn't sure if that was even okay to do, since I'd never been to one.

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • Options

imagemhickey426:

Sorry but this is a crock.  If someone's name is on the invite as the hostess then people are not going to think the MTB is hosting herself regardless of where it actually takes place.  People who would think that are just looking for something to complain about.  I have hosted a few showers at the MTB's home.  Sometimes it is because they are in a new place and offered it, another time is because I had to have a babysitter watch my kids at my house, and a couple of times is because I live quite a distance from the majority of the guests.  There are all sorts of reasons.

I do have to say, however, that I have always gone over the day/night before to clean (vacuum, get the kitchen ready, etc) and then come over early the day of the shower to decorate and get everything organized.  It really is much easier for the MTB.

OP...if you really like to clean then it is no big deal...but make sure your hostess knows she will be the one decorating and getting all the food prep done, etc.  Also, it is important that SHE does the clean up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"