1st Trimester
Options

who smoked before BFP?

Re: who smoked before BFP?

• Options
    I smoked about half a pack a day until I got my BFP.  I quit instantly and haven't looked back.  Just the smell of cigarette smoke makes me want to gag now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I smoked half a pack a day.  I really thought quitting would be harder but I just finished my pack a few days after I found out, and that was it.  I still would love to smoke but I don't need it and wouldn't take the risks.

Witn my first child it was much harder to quit. For one  thing I didn't find out Itill I was 3 months along and  I wasn't ready to be pregnant  I was scarred and had just got back with my then bf a few months before . we got married and had to move ( military ) 4 hours from home. . I was to far along to quit cold  turkey I went Down to 4 a day then 3 then 2 then 1. I did quit and didn't start back up again till she was a year old. My dd is perfect no complications but I was lucky.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I smoked about half a pack a day but I was working on quitting. Some days I wouldn't smoke at all. I think I had one or two more the week after I POAS but then that was the end. I think about it less and less all the time and smelling it on other people makes me so glad I quit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had a really hard time quitting with DS. We weren't TTC, we had JUST gotten married and I was terrified out of my mind. I picked right back up once I was home from the hospital.

This time, I was already in the works of quitting. I just got the BFP three weeks ago, and even though I smell cigarette smoke either in the air or on other people and it smells so disgusting, I still crave a cigarette so badly sometimes that I feel like a crackhead. But I chew my gum, grit my teeth and tell myself that it's not worth the risk.... because it's not. DS is healthy, and so very smart, but like a PP said, I got lucky.

I just want all of the random cravings to just.... go away. I want to wake up and not think about it. And it effing sucks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    quit the day I got my BFP. I smoked about half a pack a day. I had been wanting to quit so it just gave me what I needed to just do it. I cold turkey quit caffeine too. I figured I felt like crap anyways, I might as well. I was soo sick I didn't even notice any withdrawl symptoms. And by the time morning sickness eased up a little I felt great!
    BFP #1 03/2010 EDD 11/18/2010 DD born 11/03/2010 BFP #2 12/02/2011 CP on 12/05/2011 BFP #3 12/28/2011 EDD 09/10/2012 Missed mc @ 9w3d on 02/09/2012 D&C 03/06/2012 BFP #4 04/24/2012 EDD 01/02/2013 CP on 04/29/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"