TTC after 35

**Llamamama**

Just FYI-- this is my 2nd cycle after having had my HSG. And I started using Pre-Seed lubricant which is not just sperm-friendly, but also recreates/mimics the proper pH/environment to help sperm swim.

And MH and I BD'd like we were going for a world record in the last Olympics ever. 

If you can save up for the HSG, ask for a discount for paying cash up front, etc., it may still be a good strategy for you... Don't give up on yourself-- you've been through so much already!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: **Llamamama**

• Thanks for the info!  I have used Preseed... for like a year.  :(  But I am sure it is helpful if everything else is in order. 

I have also done those marathon BD months, but again... it didn't work but perhaps it would if something else was perfect.

I have given in to the fact that for me TTC without "help"is no longer enough. I would love my doctor to go over all my test results NOW and see if there is just something easy that can be addressed--I mean what if it is a simple progesterone level that is keeping me from getting the job done?   Why not just LOOK at the results?  I don't understand it at all.

I hope you didn't feel like I was taking the excitement out of your post.  I am SO happy for you!  :)

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Sorry - adding my $.02.  I told the radiology department that I was going to pay cash upfront and that my insurance wouldn't cover the HSG.  They knocked $200 off the procedure.  I've done this for bloodwork and other tests and have gotten discounts for almost everything - anywhere between 20% to 40%.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • image10-4LilBuddy:
    Sorry - adding my $.02.  I told the radiology department that I was going to pay cash upfront and that my insurance wouldn't cover the HSG.  They knocked $200 off the procedure.  I've done this for bloodwork and other tests and have gotten discounts for almost everything - anywhere between 20% to 40%.

Wow that is a big discount!  How much did you end up paying for the procedure?

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • You did not knock any wind out of my sails-- I know all too well that double-whammy that is a BFP for one of us on this board: sincerely happy for the other person but also sad and jealous that it's not you.

Why is the doctor not reading/reviewing the tests?!? My RE said today that the very first step is getting all the tests done because that's the only way to make educated decisions to move forward.

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• imagedanieleandwayne:

You did not knock any wind out of my sails-- I know all too well that double-whammy that is a BFP for one of us on this board: sincerely happy for the other person but also sad and jealous that it's not you.

Why is the doctor not reading/reviewing the tests?!? My RE said today that the very first step is getting all the tests done because that's the only way to make educated decisions to move forward.

When I met with her she told me all the tests she wanted us to take (including the HSG) and said "Don't worry about calling me for your results..once we get ALL of them back we will meet to discuss them and make a plan."  At the time it made sense..but if I had known how much money they were going to ask me for when I left the RE's room I would have asked a lot more "what ifs".  Since I have completed everything (other than the HSG) I have emailed the RE (no response) and called the office.  When I explained my situation to the nurse and she said that there really was no reason to move forward with ANYTHING until after the HSG is done.  But I do not agree.  

For instance, if I have a problem and need a supplement, we can work on that now and see what happens.  What is the harm in addressing things AS they appear?

Or if it is dh that has a problem and they don't figure that out til after my HSG I will have spent all that money for nothing.  I mean I know it is a good test to have done but maybe I don't NEED it, you know?  If they come back and say that dh has low whatever and my only shot is IUI or IVF, the HSG will not have mattered because I am not interested in either of those.

I just want them to look at my tests and see if everything is normal before I move (if I can even do it) ahead with the HSG.  It really doesn't seem like a lot to ask.  :(

• imageLlamamama:

image10-4LilBuddy:
    Sorry - adding my $.02.  I told the radiology department that I was going to pay cash upfront and that my insurance wouldn't cover the HSG.  They knocked $200 off the procedure.  I've done this for bloodwork and other tests and have gotten discounts for almost everything - anywhere between 20% to 40%.

Wow that is a big discount!  How much did you end up paying for the procedure?

I ended up paying $250 for the HSG.  I was so glad that they gave me a discount.  Every little bit helps.  You can also shop around - HSGs are done by radiological groups and there should be a couple in your area.  I called around and luckily the one closest to us was the best price.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think there is no reason for them to ignore your requests for information. It is YOUR FN MEDICAL RECORD.

Can I suggest perhaps calling them again and simply stating that if they don't want to review the results so far with you, that you will come in and sign a request for the records and take them to another doctor for review. 

It's your right. They're not the only game in town, are they?

-- Abraham Lincoln

• I think I will call and see what happens.  Thanks for the idea!
  • Sorry I just tuned into this thread, and I'm butting in.

Llama, yes, you should be able to get your results from your RE (haven't you gotten many of them?). However, there truly is a good reason to get the HSG done, and know the results prior to addressing any other issues. The HSG will tell you if there are any physical problems. If you treated some kind of hormonal issue, without knowing that you are physiologically clear for PG, then you could be wasting time and money on tx/supplements, or worse, endangering things: think ectopic.

I know you're in a tough position, but I'd hate to see you spend good money after bad, and/or have something go wrong. As frustrating as it is, most REs do seem to establish processes with reason. Good luck.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"