January 2013 Moms

painless uterine spasms/twitches?

Anyone?  

Kind of feels like when your eye twitches, or any other muscle twitches.  

I know it's not the LO kicking, but after googling, all I could find was some gal on a message board claiming her doctor said it was the LO moving... not that you feel it moving, but rather the movement of fluid in the uterus because of the LO's movement?  Not sure if I believe it entirely, as fun as it sounds.  I also read that there's a main artery that runs down your middle, but this is kind of focused on the left side.  

Just wondering if anyone has felt them, or has heard of what the cause may be.  I think this is the first time I've noticed them... pretty irregular, but been occurring for a little while this evening.  

Re: painless uterine spasms/twitches?

• Sounds like gas, honey. At least that's what I'm experiencing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • that's what I started to tell myself when it started, but the consistency of it, in one little spot, made me think otherwise.  I've had plenty of gas rumbles, but this was like rapid fire twitching, just like when your eye twitches, and way up front, I could actually feel them when I put my hand near my pelvic bone.  I guess I'm starting to just lean towards growing/stretching spasms.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first U/S today and the tech pointed out a uterine "contraction". I didn't understand so i asked her to explain and she showed me and explained that the uterus has these little contractions in random spots as it works on growing. So maybe that is what you are feeling? I couldn't really feel it but i definitely could see what she was pointing to on the U/S. She said it's a good thing (i.e. normal and expected) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I just think it's growth twitches. I feel them often. You'll get them after the baby is born, too, and they are freaky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I get this weird twinge when I stand up too quickly or when I cough. Never felt anything like it. Loads of strange sensation including others I don't know quite how to describe. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ^^ That's called Round Ligament Pain (RLP).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have been having this happen for almost 2 weeks now. Only on my left side, but if I put my hand over the area it physically moves my hand!! I called my OB just to make sure it was nothing to worry about and she said that it is either dehydration...which is NOT the case since I have drinking water constantly...or she said it is really common to happen between weeks 9-12 because the baby is being pushed out of your pelvis and up into your abdomen.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mgade001: Hehe! Me too! I was scared at first because it's so sharp sometimes but my friend told me it was normal and it's just the stretching. The nurse confirmed it at our first appointment. Baby is still there and in the normal place and my internal ladybits are all normal. ^_^

JennV514: Ohhh... so that's what it's called... Thanks! 

• Yes, I get them when I lie down on my back. I think that a nerve is being pinched and is what causes that reaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"