Special Needs

jo4janet/seethesmiles

Sooo we went to the ENT this evening.  He said that the larangomalacia (which I know i slaughtered) doesn't cause a cough but that it causes stridor and that they never do surgery on it (OOOOk?!)

He did do the scope and said that her larynx was fine but that her vocal cords and some other things were swollen.  

He first wanted to try singulair, then he wanted to try a reflux med because he said it can cause enlarged vocal cords, redness, etc.   Then he said she probably has sleep apnea which we already knew, and that she should have her T&A removed.

It was a lot of..stuff but nothing concrete.  So now i'm even more confused, he said to talk to the pedi about the meds and that we may want to see a pediatric ENT. I thought he was, because they see pedi patients, but I guess not.

P hated the scope! 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: jo4janet/seethesmiles

• Blah. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. My son never had a cough, just the stridor and very noisy breathing. He was put on meds for reflux, despite the fact that he never had any symptoms of reflux, because the ENT said that reflux can exasperate the problem. Now that I think about it, he was also put on a low dose of zyrtec, too. And he's getting his tonsils and adenoids out this summer. Sounds like our kiddos have similar issues! I hope you get some answers soon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD has a chronic cough, but she also gets the stridor alot. We never really had that many issues with reflux, though. Your LO has sleep apnea? How severe is it? Does it warrant a Bipap machine? I wonder if they even do that at this early of an age. If they think she has sleep apnea, I would get a referral to a pulmonologist. It sounds like there is some other involvement. Good luck. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just saw this post today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"