Georgia Babies
Options

Naming a baby is hard!!! Got any cool boy names to share with me?!

We really want to name the baby after my Dad- Charles. BUT, my step son has a 1/2 brother named Charley already.  We are all pretty close so there would be massive confusion with Charlie and Charley.  We don't like Chuck or Chas for a nickname and DH does not want to call a baby Charles.  So that name has been moved to middle.  We can't agree on any other names!!! I threw out the name Duncan in passing and DH has grabbed onto it.  But there are just way too many ways to make fun of the name Duncan so I am not liking it. What are your thoughts? Got any cool boy names?  This is HARD!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Naming a baby is hard!!! Got any cool boy names to share with me?!

• Options
    myrallmyrall member

For our boy, I also liked the names Clifford, Bruce and Frederick. They're all family names and it was a close call between using Cecil (another family name) and Clifford.

I also adored the name Jesse Henry. Jesse is my dad's name and Jesse Henry was an ancestor's name. Thought it sounded tough. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

we are currently working on boy name number two (boy names seem much harder to me) and have used this book as a jumping off point both times: https://www.amazon.com/Names-Babies-Pamela-Redmond-Satran/dp/031237786X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340139484&sr=8-1&keywords=cool+baby+names

some of the names are crazy but there are some cool ones in there. then when i am reading magazines or watching tv, if i hear a name i dig we add it to the list. ian was what we went with for my little guy and this time i am leaning towards emmett. but i will say my name is rebecca and i still had people make fun of my name in a multitude of ways when i was a kid. kids will make fun of ANYTHING, so i try not to stress too hard about it. i just try to imagine yelling the name across the playground and being introduced to a grown man with the same name. if i can see it in both scenarios it makes it on the list....

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a very hard time naming our boys.  The first time around, it was down to Ethan or Nicholas and we named him Ethan when he was a few hours old.  The second time around, it was down to Jackson and Benjamin and we named him Jackson the day we left the hospital.  Their middle names are Walter and Ryan which are family names.  If I had a third son, which I won't be, I would name him Andrew "Andy" Thompson. Thompson is my maiden name.  Other names on our list were Declan, Nolan, Chase, and Axel. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    K&P414K&P414 member

How do you pronounce your stepsons name? Does it have an -ey sound like Charley? Is he named after your husband?

I was going to use John David if Tess was a boy and call him by both names or nn JD. 

What about Carson?

• Options

both of my kids names are combo names that are actually parts of other family members names.  So for Lily's first name Lilyana it is a combo of Lily and Anna.  Could you do something like that? 

My other boy favorite names are Oliver, Matthew, and Dylan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love the name Aaron James.  
  • Options

Henry is my favorite boy name. I also love the names Andrew and Anderson. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options

For both our kids we chose a first name that we liked and a middle name that is a family name. I am named for my Mom (Kathleen- she is Kathy and I am Katie), but we did not want to carry on the tradition. We did want to give DD a similar name though and liked Cadence.

So anyway, other boy names that were on MY list (not necessarily DH's):

Brandon

Dylan

Griffin

Nolan

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Step son is Jayke. It's his Mother's other child that is named Charley.  Ours would be Charles and DH would want to call him Charlie.  My Dad's name is Charles. 

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• Options
    These were some names I had on my list when naming Taylor.  I like a lot of gender neutral names.  Reece, Hayes (T's middle name), Morgan, Bryce, Thomas, Carson (love this name but too much like Caroline), Lane and Davis.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

so hard!  it got harder every time!  on our list the last time around were:

Bennett, Tanner, Nolan, Garrett, Russell, Beckett, Sullivan, August, Thatcher, Hollis, Grayson, murray, murphy, cormac, gannon....and then there is always Gus!

• Options

We had SUCH a hard time with boy names!  Smith is named after my dad. We get some people who love it and some people think it's out there.  His middle name is Patrick.  But other names we liked:

Zachary, Grant, Reid, Andrew, Anderson, Finn,  Marshall, Oliver, and I really liked Topher (short for Christopher) but DH vetoed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love classic names. If we have a boy next time, his name will be William David (a Jr.)

Other names I like are:

Henry, Grayson, Michael, and Lucas (Luke).  

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our other boy name is Henry James. James is a family name and Henry is one Brian has always loved. 

I like Lucas, Mica, Brennan, and Durham.  

• Options

I love the name Nathanial James and would call him Nate or Nathan. 

DH wouldn't want to use it though because we agreed to use names that sound good in Spanish as well and go with our Italian last name. If we have another, and it is a boy, he would be probably be Sebastian, Leonardo "Leo", Christian or Santiago.

• Options
    my SIL named her son after her DH James Charles.  She didn't like any of the names out of both via nicknames.  So what they did was take a couple letters from the first and middle name and came up with Jace.  Also Nate and Wesley are pretty cool names:)
  • Options
    Of course I love the name Noah, but I haven't met a calm Noah yet!  So if you want a wild and crazy fun loving and very sweet boy name him Noah!  
  • Options
    If our third had been a boy, he would have been Ryan. I also like Ben, Luke, Andrew, Anderson, Henry, and of course Jack and Ethan ;)
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    JVS311JVS311 member

We are naming our baby boy Cooper Smile

I agree that it is really hard to name someone you've never met!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"