Special Needs
Options

Questions about meeting with a Neurologist

Tomorrow, we are supposed to meet with a Neurologist from the High Risk Clinic (NICU follow-up clinic).  Lilith had an MRI a week and a half ago, and I know it showed some anomoly - I assume we'll learn more about that when we meet with the neurologist.  But, what else will he do?

Also, Lilith seems to be suffering from alergies.  She's coughing, wheezy, and her O2 saturations are a bit below where they should be (but still within range that she does not need supplemental oxygen).  She's pretty happy when awake if you leave her alone, but as soon as you try to do her therapy exercises with her it's war.  She certainly is not at her best.  I am pretty sure her symptoms are the result of allergies because she does not have a fever.  But, I am wondering if this will affect her evaluation by the neurologist?  Thoughts?

image      image      image

Re: Questions about meeting with a Neurologist

• Options
    My experience with a Neurologist visit has been more that he talks to us. Asks what DD is doing, and does a VERY basic exam (our's tested her muscle tone and reactions -grabbing and the like). Then he went over the MRI. It was really pretty cut and dry. Nothing too scary.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagethatgrrrrl:
    My experience with a Neurologist visit has been more that he talks to us. Asks what DD is doing, and does a VERY basic exam (our's tested her muscle tone and reactions -grabbing and the like). Then he went over the MRI. It was really pretty cut and dry. Nothing too scary.

I agree. Our first visit was before her MRI (the neurologist ordered himself after the appt). He wanted us to bring her also to an opthamologist. Our second visit was a couple months later because the MRI was clear. He basically said he couldn't help us with her global delays because the MRI was clear. He was an idiot, so we're not going back.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have started seeing a neurologist as well recently.  She asked a lot of questions, then she did a few exams to tests his reflexes, tone, etc.  Then, we went for a MRI.  We got the results that he has BESS syndrome or external hydrocephalus.  Now, we got back this Wednesday for a follow-up.  Good luck!  Thinking about you.  I was worried so much for our first visit.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mother of An Angel - 11/12/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"