1st Trimester
Options

Forgot to take prenatals twice - calm me down!

So I forgot to take my prenatal two nights ago, so I told myself to remember to take one yesterday morning instead of waiting for the usual night time.  But then I forgot that one as well!  I've now gone about 2.5 days without taking a prenatal - please tell me I'm freaking out about nothing and that this isn't a huge deal. 

FWIW, I at a lot of raw veggies, fruit, rolled oats, yogurt and red meat this weekend.  I'm hoping that covers most of what I need other than folic acid and DHA.  Although, I did also have a Luna bar, which has added folic acid. 

(And, I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to take one until 10 hours from now.)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Forgot to take prenatals twice - calm me down!

• Options
    I missed my vitamins here and there during my last pregnancy and DD is fine. Don't stress about it. There are enough things to worry about already.
  • Options
    You are freaking out for absolutely no reason.  Pre-natals are important, yes, but they are to supplement your diet and even a crappy diet will provide SOME of what the body needs.  Plus, we're talking about a cumulative effect.  It's not like your stores of vitamins are depleted every 24 hours and you need to "keep your levels up" so to speak.  Start taking them again and you're golden.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No need to worry at all. I was young when I got pregnant with my first son, and I didn't know I was pregnant till I was almost 3 months pregnant so no prenatals or any kind of vitamins till after that, I ate healthy, and he was just fine.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

You're fine.  Skipping 2 days isn't going to hurt anything, especially if you have a healthy diet.  

Honestly, if you are freaking out this much over missing a vitamin, it's going to be long 9 months for you.  Chill. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have done permanent damage by missing 2 days of vitamins. Your child will now be born with horns and perhaps a tail due to lack of vitamins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have done permanent damage by missing 2 days of vitamins. Your child will now be born with horns and perhaps a tail due to lack of vitamins.

Big Smile ok that made me laugh... a lot

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    With DS I threw up every vitamin I ate from 7w on. I couldn't even look at the bottle without getting sick. By 10 w my OB finally said just to give up taking them because I was losing too much weight. DS and I are perfectly healthy. Try not to stress.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

hahaha thanks :)  I probably wrote that post making me sound a little more freaked out than I really am, but I guess I just needed to hear from others that it really isn't a big deal. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Relax. Where I usually live, in Germany, the only thing they tell pregnant women to take is a folic acid supplement. That's it. No PNVs. They check your iron levels at every appointment, and if they fall below a certain mark (mine did around 12 weeks), then they prescribe you an iron supplement, too. And the babies in Germany are born just as healthy as in the US. In many cases healthier, actually, since every pregnant woman gets free prenatal care.

As someone else said, if you're freaking out about missing 2 PNVs, this is going to be a looooong 9 months for you.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    You are fine.  My SIL did not take prenatals with any of her pregnancies (when she did take them, they came right back up) and she has 3 healthy children.  I would not advise taking them out of your daily routine, but missing a day or two won't be the end of the world. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

No need to worry at all. I was young when I got pregnant with my first son, and I didn't know I was pregnant till I was almost 3 months pregnant so no prenatals or any kind of vitamins till after that, I ate healthy, and he was just fine.

20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0051VVOB2" border="0" />

• Options
    Calm down. It's okay. For thousands of years women didn't take prenatal vitamins and yet they still delivered healthy babies.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OMG prenatals do not keep your baby alive.  This is sooo not worth freaking out over. chill.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Relax, it's no big deal at all.

Some women can't take pnv's at all, or only can take them once in a while without making themselves sick.  Also, some women that get little to no prenatal care never take pnv's at all.  Missing two days is no big deal whatsoever.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's ok. No need to panic! Jus take them when you get home. Missing your prenatals is not a life or death situation. Some women don't even take them because they get sick and go on to have healthy, beautiful babies.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You'll be fine.  Put them by your toothpaste!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageelmoali:
    You are freaking out for absolutely no reason.  Pre-natals are important, yes, but they are to supplement your diet and even a crappy diet will provide SOME of what the body needs.  Plus, we're talking about a cumulative effect.  It's not like your stores of vitamins are depleted every 24 hours and you need to "keep your levels up" so to speak.  Start taking them again and you're golden.

This, especially the bolded.  It's NBD.  Just get back on track with taking them.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    sesigssesigs member
    Obviously, what all of the PPs said but also don't forget that a lot of the foods you are probably eating have folic acid and DHA in them too! You don't just get those things from vitamins or fortified foods. They occur naturally like all the other vitamins you need. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    No worries - I forgot mine last night too! I'm sure there are many of us out there! :-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"