Boston Babies

Creative/ interesting ways to break the news?

So far, only my DH and my doctors know about the pregnancy!  I wanted to wait until I at least made it thru the first trimester (which is coming to a close soon).  I'm planning to tell my family when we get together for Thanksgiving. And we're planning to invite MH's family over soon after that to tell them.

I will see my sister first, before we head over to my parents' house for Thanksgiving.  I'm wondering if anyone could share any fun ways that they've made the big announcement?

Re: Creative/ interesting ways to break the news?

• We lined my IL's up for a picture. As the timer was going off to take the shot, MH said "Say Lisa's pregnant!" instead of saying "Say Cheese!" The picture is awesome!!
  • LOL - it must be a great pic!   

We never do photos with my parents or ILs, though!

One idea I had was this:  We got a new car recently that my parents haven't seen yet.  I will find one of those "Baby on Board" signs to stick in the rear window.  So, when we get to their house for Thanksgiving,  I can say, "Come check out our new car!"  And hopefully they'll be paying close enough attention to see the sign (both have difficulty seeing w/o glasses, so may not even notice!).   Anything to avoid just saying, "I'm pregnant!"  I would find that awkward.

• Loading the player...
  • I bought a shirt off of online that said:

on the front-- I have a secret

on the back-- I'm going to be a mommy!

I waited until someone commented on the front and then took off my jean jacket (it was warmer out then)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"