Potty Training
Options

If you're doing the 3 day method...

Were there some times you HAD to put underwear or pull ups on them early on? We just started PTing. I know it says no underwear or anything for 3 months, but we will be going to tumbling starting next Tuesday. The kids absolutely HAVE to wear diapers/pull ups if not potty trained and underwear if they are. So I'm thinking we could do no liquids an hour before, go potty just before we leave, go at the gym, put pull ups on during the 45 minute class, go immediately afterward and take off the pull up. I just don't see a way around it. The other issue is he will start swim class in July. They have to wear a swim diaper under their suit. Is that such a big deal? Would it really mess him up? We swim all the time at home but I may just have him skinny dip when he's with us.

Re: If you're doing the 3 day method...

• Options
    Vine07Vine07 member

We just finished the 3 day method...by that I mean we stayed in the house for 3 days so we have not ventured out yet. I followed the strategy pretty closely with the exception of pull ups at night time. I knew my DD was not ready to stay dry at night and I was not ready to wake up multiple times to change sheets!

I think if you are serious about potty training then you just have to put them in underwear during the day even when leaving the house and going to activities. Today is our first day out and I am admittedly scared!

I call her pull up "night time undies" and I'm not sure she knows the difference. Also at least for the first month when we are in bathing suits I will probably call her swim diaper "swim undies" just to be safe.

Good luck!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageVine07:

I think if you are serious about potty training then you just have to put them in underwear during the day even when leaving the house and going to activities. Today is our first day out and I am admittedly scared!

this exactly.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can do underwear under the pull up.  DD learned fast that it was uncomfy to pee in it and it kept me safe to do what I needed to do without messes yet kept her in check.  It was a lifesaver.  Otherwise, I skip the pull ups all together.  They are pull up diapers to me and DD would no doubt comfortably pee in them.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"