Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Could I be pregnant?

2»

Re: Could I be pregnant?

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imageatyler727:

What did I post that was inaccurate?  And how was my advice any different than everyone else giving their opinion that the poster was not pregnant?  isn't that also medical advice that should only be given by a professional? I guess I just don't see the difference.  I hardly think it was rude to suggest they get tested.  If you knew anything about PCOS, based on irregular periods alone you would know my suggestion really wasn't that far off base.  I think many other people's sarcastic replies were far more rude, but hey, they're "regulars" so it's okay. 

I'm just really sick of always seeing regulars gang up on people and I finally decided to say something.

I will continue on the same path I am on, as I don't feel I did  anything wrong.   You all can just kiss my ass if you don't like it.  I don't care. 

I would hazard to guess that hundreds of ladies on here know about PCOS.  I know there are dozens of regular posters on here with PCOS. 

You cannot diagnose PCOS " based on irregular periods alone".  Dozens of things can cause abnormal or irregular periods.  Diet, exercise, weight, weight loss or gain, stress, traveling, going off BCP, other issues with the body (say, for instance, thyroid disorders), and medicines can all mess with the body's cycles.

To assume that you can diagnose it simply by looking at the cycle is ridiculous.  You need an internal ultrasound to check for cysts.  You need blood work to check your hormones (testosterone, dhea, estrogen, progesterone, etc).  You don't just get diagnosed because of long or irregular cycles.

Also - most women with PCOS are annovulatory.  That means they do not ovulate.  That means they often need Provera to jump start their bleeding so they can start a new cycle.  They don't just have irregular cycles, they have annov cycles.  This doesn't happen every cycle, but without treatment it can happen often.  FWIW, I was on my second 60+ long cycle before my doctor agreed to test me for PCOS, even though I had a history of cystic ovaries.

Actually what I said was, " If you knew anything about PCOS, based on irregular periods alone you would know my suggestion really wasn't that far off base."    Did it look like I said she had it? no.  Again. No.  I never said she had it.  And you need to check your facts; you do not need to have ovarian cysts to have PCOS.  Also, women with PCOS either do not ovulate, OR ovulate infrequently.  PCOS does not automatically mean they never ovulate on their own.  Please, check your facts next time.  I would appreciate that (it would save me time correcting you), and it would make you look more credible.

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imageatyler727:
    imagebbg676:
    imageatyler727:

What did I post that was inaccurate?  And how was my advice any different than everyone else giving their opinion that the poster was not pregnant?  isn't that also medical advice that should only be given by a professional? I guess I just don't see the difference.  I hardly think it was rude to suggest they get tested.  If you knew anything about PCOS, based on irregular periods alone you would know my suggestion really wasn't that far off base.  I think many other people's sarcastic replies were far more rude, but hey, they're "regulars" so it's okay. 

I'm just really sick of always seeing regulars gang up on people and I finally decided to say something.

I will continue on the same path I am on, as I don't feel I did  anything wrong.   You all can just kiss my ass if you don't like it.  I don't care. 

I would hazard to guess that hundreds of ladies on here know about PCOS.  I know there are dozens of regular posters on here with PCOS. 

You cannot diagnose PCOS " based on irregular periods alone".  Dozens of things can cause abnormal or irregular periods.  Diet, exercise, weight, weight loss or gain, stress, traveling, going off BCP, other issues with the body (say, for instance, thyroid disorders), and medicines can all mess with the body's cycles.

To assume that you can diagnose it simply by looking at the cycle is ridiculous.  You need an internal ultrasound to check for cysts.  You need blood work to check your hormones (testosterone, dhea, estrogen, progesterone, etc).  You don't just get diagnosed because of long or irregular cycles.

Also - most women with PCOS are annovulatory.  That means they do not ovulate.  That means they often need Provera to jump start their bleeding so they can start a new cycle.  They don't just have irregular cycles, they have annov cycles.  This doesn't happen every cycle, but without treatment it can happen often.  FWIW, I was on my second 60+ long cycle before my doctor agreed to test me for PCOS, even though I had a history of cystic ovaries.

Actually what I said was, " If you knew anything about PCOS, based on irregular periods alone you would know my suggestion really wasn't that far off base."    Did it look like I said she had it? no.  Again. No.  I never said she had it.  And you need to check your facts; you do not need to have ovarian cysts to have PCOS.  Also, women with PCOS either do not ovulate, OR ovulate infrequently.  PCOS does not automatically mean they never ovulate on their own.  Please, check your facts next time.  I would appreciate that (it would save me time correcting you), and it would make you look more credible.

Umm maybe if YOU read properly, you'd see I said that they don't always have annov cycles.  Also - I never said you HAD to have ovarian cysts to have PCOS, but an internal ultrasound to check for them is standard operating procedure in diagnosis PCOS, since most women DO have cysts and they often form in a pearl-like pattern.  The internal u/s is just one step in the diagnosis with PCOS.

So check your facts next time.

I never had an ultrasound and I was diagnosed.  My PCP even diagnosed me 6 months or so before I even had a blood test done. 

Well it's obvious none of the "regulars" will ever admit they were wrong in attacking my advice (which I still stand by 100%), even though they are guilty of the same things they are accusing me of and more.  But whatever. I fully expected that to happen for ever posting to begin with.  I'm done arguing with stuck up idiots.  I have no interest in anyone's acceptance on here.  And no, you won't scare me away either; I'll post what I want when I want and if you don't like it, you can just block me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageatyler727:

And it obviously never occurred to you a person could be completely knowledgeable on this subject without never having posted on here....I have just as much of a right as anyone else to give advice and opinions. 

People like you are the exact reason why I do not post on any message board.  I do read posts quite a lot though, so I know how clique-ish and rude you regulars are to "newbies."  

Uh, you realize you're posting on a message board, right? 

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imagealehayes:
    imageatyler727:

And it obviously never occurred to you a person could be completely knowledgeable on this subject without never having posted on here....I have just as much of a right as anyone else to give advice and opinions. 

People like you are the exact reason why I do not post on any message board.  I do read posts quite a lot though, so I know how clique-ish and rude you regulars are to "newbies."  

Nope, it's a blog, remember? 

• Options
    imageBeaglechon2012:
    imagealehayes:
    imageatyler727:

Maybe we should introduce atyler and Aubrieghanna-hanna-whatchamacallit.  They'd like, TOTES be BFFs.  

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imagealehayes:
    imageBeaglechon2012:
    imagealehayes:
    imageatyler727:

Maybe we should introduce atyler and Aubrieghanna-hanna-whatchamacallit.  They'd like, TOTES be BFFs.  

Def. And I bet they're both KU right now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"