Baby Showers

How do you nicely turn down a shower?

H and I do not want a baby shower. 

How do you gracefully turn one down?  Both sides of our families have requested to throw one, but it is just isn't our style.  Of course, we're grateful and want to make sure they know that.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.

Re: How do you nicely turn down a shower?

• "It is so sweet of you to offer, but we'd really prefer not to have a shower.  I appreciate the offer, though!"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    "It is so sweet of you to offer, but we'd really prefer not to have a shower.  I appreciate the offer, though!"

Perfection.

And then just stick to your guns. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PP.  It's what I did.  I also gave reasons if they pressed...
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    "It is so sweet of you to offer, but we'd really prefer not to have a shower.  I appreciate the offer, though!"

This.  Just a word of warning though...they might end up doing a "surprise shower" and those are WORSE!

• imageEastCoastBride:

This. Would you be comfortable with DH's family throwing a party for the baby after its born?

"We'd prefer not to have a shower, but a party for the baby once s/he arrives would we wonderful"

Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • Good luck with that.  I graciously told both sides of my family I don't want a bridal shower, but told them I was touched by the offer and thanked them for that.  My mom got the point, but DH's side will.not.stop. pestering me about it. 

ETA:  Bridal shower?  Ha!  Baby shower.  I wonder if I said bridal shower and confused the F out of them.  bwahaha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"