1st Trimester
Options

Cramping

I'm about 6 weeks and I got really bad cramps last night- no blood. It lasted 10 minutes and then went away. I know cramps can be normal but this was as bad as my period. Any experience with this, should I be worried???

Re: Cramping

• Options
    YES! At 9 weeks, i woke up at 4am with severe cramps. I thought "hmm, maybe i ate something and it will go away" so i tried taking tums, taking a hot shower, laying on the couch, walking around, nothing. It was still going on. So I went to the E.R. at 7am and figured it went on long enough and i just knew my body was trying to tell me something. So after blood work, u/s, and an exam, baby was GREAT (thank god, phew!). It turns out, i have a very minor case of placenta previa. Most bad cases are when the placenta is on the bottom of the uterus, but mine is kinda on the side corner, so my doc said shes confident it will correct itself (as it does in many cases) and to just take it easy in the meantime. I go back on Wednesday to check on its progress, but as scary as that was...i was glad to KNOW everything was ok. Im the kinda person that i would never let mymind rest, i woulda been too worried. So if you are like that too...Just call you OB and see if they want you to come in or if they think it sounds normal! Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Totally normal! My doctor said he has had patients complain of cramps worse than period cramps. This had been true for me. I had them frequently early on, I am now almost 9 weeks and the are happening less frequently. As long as there is not spotting, you are fine. Keep in mind a little spotting is also OK.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When i was around 7 or 8 weeks i had period like cramps and the baby is fine!! Doc said it's normal my uterus is stretching, but if your really worried about it u should make a doc apt. Good luck!
  • Options
    My whole pregnancy with DS I had menstrual like cramping, to the point i'd take tylenol for them. With this LO they haven't been as frequent and pronounced. Dehydration can cause cramping, lay down drink some water and take a tylenol if they're too uncomfortable!! Good luck <3

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Options
    BBS!BBS! member
    Thanks guys! Happened again tonight. It was after I ate pizza (the only thing that didn't make me want to vomit) and soon as I finished horrible cramps came. I'm now thinking it has more to do with food than my pregnancy. 
  • Options

I have been having the same issue.  Mine haven't been too painful but they come and go through out the day. I've read over and over again that it's normal, otherwise I would be freaking out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had some cramping the other day, and it turned out I was just really constipated :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"