Baby Showers
Options

Input please

My friend (who was also a bridesmaid in my wedding) is over the moon excited about this pregnancy.  She has asked if she can throw me a Baby Shower, and while I am completely and totally flattered, I'm not sure if I should be having a Baby Shower since it's not my first baby.  Granted, it's my first baby with my husband (we're a blended family), and our kids are 13, 9, and 6 now so it's not as though we've had back-to-back Baby Showers.  Any thoughts?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Input please

• Options
    I think it would be fine for you to have a shower given your circumstances (first baby for this marriage and next oldest kid is 6 years old).  I wouldn't even have a problem with you registering, I would find it helpful.  I imagine you probably don't have much baby stuff left over since your closest kid in age is 6 years old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedanieliza1127:
    I think it would be fine for you to have a shower given your circumstances (first baby for this marriage and next oldest kid is 6 years old).  I wouldn't even have a problem with you registering, I would find it helpful.  I imagine you probably don't have much baby stuff left over since your closest kid in age is 6 years old.

Oh my word, we have zero baby stuff!  My bonus daughter is 6, and my husband's family wasn't included in the Baby Shower at all (long backstory...).  MIL has been dropping hints about wanting to attend a Shower for me, but I didn't know if I would get flamed for agreeing to have one.  Baby Showers are such a sticky situation sometimes.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    If she offered, I don't see an issue with having a smaller shower, like PP said.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    You were offered one, accept and enjoy! I'd even register too.
  • Options
    Go for it and enjoy your shower!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would say you are OK to agree to a shower since one was offered and it was several years (6+) since your last child.  You know your group of family and friends best...and should know how they would feel about a shower for a baby that is not your first.  Let that be your guide as to who to invite.  I'd keep it small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"