Preemies

Twins born at 31 weeks

Hello everyone... I am joining you again after having my twins yesterday at 31 weeks and one day. I had a boy and a girl. Natalia weighed 3lbs 1 oz and Marquevis weighed 3lbs 4 oz. Day one Marquevis was on a cpap type machine. Natalia has only needed room air. Marquevis is off the cpap now. 

They both are eating through the feeding tube. They are both under billy lights .. jaundice and having a hard time keeping warm temps. So far they seem to be doing great! So here's hoping things only continue to get better from here!  

I'm so happy to have them born and so worried at the same time! I can't wait to be able to hold and feed my babies!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Twins born at 31 weeks

• I can't wait for you to hold them either. It sounds as if they are doing wonderful. Please be sure to let the NICU nurses know that you would like to hold them ASAP. If it's a priority for you, then it's a priority for them. Smile
  • DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations on the birth of your twins! As a PP said, be sure to let your NICU nurses and MDs know that you want to hold your babies as soon as you can.  GL and keep us posted on your LOs!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your twins!  Glad to hear they are doing well and I hope you get lots of snuggles soon.  These aren't your first preemies?
  • No my 8 yr old was a 30 weeker. He was 2lbs back then. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Congratulations on the birth of your twins. Praying for a short and uneventful NICU stay. Please keep us posted.

• my twins were both the same time (31w1d)! Mine came home at six weeks together. Good luck, I hope you get to snuggle them soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"