Dads & Dads-to-be

I'm splurging...

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

What?s up Dads and Dads-To-Be,

My kid, first ever, is coming this September and I realize that the pregnancy is all about my wife. Her friends are throwing a crazy baby shower, her co-workers are throwing an even crazier baby shower and my mother-in-law brings over food and maternity clothes every single week. I don?t mind all of this cause I get to paint the nursery, build the new crib, and put in shelves for my son and I think he will appreciate a Dad who help create his first room. But I have to admit, my excitement turned up a notch when I got my own diaper bag in the mail from Amazon.com today. I bought my wife a ridiculously expensive diaper bag (all of her friends have the same brand) a few weeks ago and I wouldn?t be caught dead carrying it, but this bag is all about me. Cool Dad colors, from Eddie Bauer (where my gym bag and all of my luggage is from) and it?s my gift to myself for my son. I?m pretty darn excited. That?s about it, just wanted to share. I hope you all are pumped, cause I definitely am. My son is already awesome and we haven?t even met yet. Crazy huh?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm splurging...

• Hey...

Sorry about the random typing up top...is there someone from the bump that monitors posts that can clean that up? I tried, but it won't let me. I was so excited about my first post too....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL I think it's pretty cool! I'll be the same way trust me. Every store we go into that has anything remotely baby oriented i'm drawn to the section like a military-grade magnet! I have to put up some pictures of the onesie's i've already found. We're not even pregnant yet, either, lord the things my kid's gonna have!!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Dude, that is awesome. I was starting to worry after I read about half of your post that you were going to complain that your wife is getting all the attention.  Glad you had the sense not to go there.

You are doig it right!  Take some pride and ownership in the things you CAN (setting up the nursery, your own Manly tools of Daddery like a diaper bag, etc) and just be prepared to sit back and be a solid support for your wife when it comes to things you DON'T have control over.

Best of luck!

• From my experience as a new dad, splurging is a pretty regular thing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"