1st Trimester
Options

How much caffeine...

Are you drinking / in withdrawl from? I know must studies say 200 milligrams is a safe amount, but it seems like a lot of people are abstaining entirely...I'm still dying with my one teeny half-caff coffee everyday...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How much caffeine...

• Options
    I didn't drink coffee in the first place, bu I'm not abstaining from caffeine.  I have one can of Coke a week and a little chocolate every day, pretty much the same as before I got my BFP.

• Options
    SPK926SPK926 member
    I've never been a coffee drinker but love diet coke. I used to allow myself one diet coke a day with the occasional days where I would have two. I've since decided it's just better if I cut it down to 1 maybe 2 a week. It helps cut down on my bloat too and even though I know it would be safe to drink a can a day it can't hurt to cut way back on it and I don't really miss it.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to drink a coke every afternoon as a pick me up, but always thought about cutting back.  I still have a coke every now and again, but am using this as my excuse to finally cut down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get killer headaches without daily caffeine. I used to be a pot a day coffee drinker with 1-2 soda's. I am addicted. So I have a cup of coffee or soda or tea a day. That way I do not get killer headaches.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I abstain in the first tri, except for the occasional piece of chocolate. Come second tri, I will start drinking decaf coffee (which still has some caffeine).

After the initial withdrawal headache, which lasts a couple days for me, I am usually fine without. If I get tired, I nap -- although I realize a lot of people can't do that because of work, etc. (I am a WAHM.) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just posted on the Feb board that I decided to cut my one can out a day..... I am regretting it right now!!!  My head is killing me! I might be going out to buy some Diet Coke for tomorrow!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cut out caffeine completely. I have one of those tiny coke cans when I start getting a migraine but other than that I avoid it entirely. I've heard ranges from 75 (one espresso shot) to 200 (one small coffee) are safe.
  • Options
    I don't drink coffee, only soda, but I used to drink A LOT of it. My plan was to cut down to 2 cans (or 1 bottle) a day, but one I my aversions this trimester is anything remotely cola-like. Occasionally I can stomach a Sprite, but other than that it's all ice water, all the time. Whatever, it's better for me anyway...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I give it up in the first tri because the fact that I know I'm going to be exhausted no matter what seems to make it easier. Last time I was back to 1/2-1 cup a day by 3rd tri.
  • Options
    I've cut out my morning coffee and I've only allowed myself two Dr. Peppers so far...I was trying to go without any at all but I figure two cans of pop over the span of one month isn't bad.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    I drink 2-3 diet sodas a day. I gave up coffee altogether for now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work nights.  And DS goes to daycare once a week.  I love diet coke.  I allow myself 2-4 cans a day.  And trust me, that is cutting back.  But, I also don't ever drink coffee, tea and I very rarely eat chocolate as I don't care much for it.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy the midwife said 2 cups of coffee (regular sized cups) is fine. I try to stick to one cup in the morning and a soda or tea in the afternoon. I've been trying to cut the afternoon caffeine all together but I don't stress too hard. Sometimes I need a soda! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was a big Diet Pepsi drinker pre-pg and caffeine addict. Discussed w/ my OB and I am drinking 24oz of Diet Dr Pepper a day (all of a sudden it tastes great and I can't stand my Diet Pepsi, lol) which is about 82mg of caffeine a day. OB is totally okay with it.

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• Options

I'm not abstaining entirely.  One can of diet Pepsi has around 35 milligrams of caffeine if I remember right?  I might have a can a day or every other day- no biggie.  The worst thing you can do is stress about every little thing IMO. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"