Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

How to teach baby to use jumperoo

Hi ! My LO is 3 moths and I bought the FP jumperoo.. He does not seem to know how to jump up and down it in.. Is there anyway to teach him? I have placed pillow underneath him etc.. Any feedback by anyone that has this would be great! Thank you
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to teach baby to use jumperoo

• Options
    DS used to just stand in his at first...then once he figured out how to bounce, he never stopped. Just give him some time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We put them in it and at first we would gently bounce it up and down.  Now DD2 is a little maniac in it and would spend all day jumping if we would let her.  DD1 jumps on occasion, but she's really lazy and doesn't move as much as her sister. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe he is still a little young for it? (or not, if he has great head control...)  We didn't get one until DS was 4 months.  It took a week or so for him to get used to it, but now he jumps like crazy in it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My DD doesnt really like to jump yet. She likes all the toys, those are her favorite and she jumps on accident when she gets mad. She kicks her legs when she is mad so she jumps and crys when she is done with being in there, but never for fun.

I have tried slowly bouncing it for her and she doesnt show any interest. Hopefully that will change when she figures out bouncing is fun. She really likes the toys and sitting up to see everything.

• Options
    Three months is a little young. It takes time. I'd wait a little later to put LO in it. By the time you really need it he/she won't like it anymore.
  • Options
    Ours just figured it out last week. He loves it, bounce or no bounce!

Anniversary

• Options

My LO doesn't reach the ground, so we use a stack of foam puzzle pieces under his feet. We started shy of 3 months, and it only took about a week of gradually increased time for him to love it and figure it out. (There are smaller puzzles under the towel below his feet. I still have to scrub them, which is why there's a towel there.) 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Make sure that your LO is on their tip-toes and not able to stand flat on their feet while in the Jumperoo. When we started LO in the Jumperoo, we put a towel around her waist to give her some support. We also put a pillow underneath her feet. Now, at 5 1/2 months she is able to enjoy it fully without the added support. The kid loves to jump!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"