June 2011 Moms
Options

Formula moms (Up & Up Question)

I know that most of the moms here are mostly on milk now, but for the moms still giving formula, specifically Up & Up, have you noticed changes since they started the new packaging?  

Ty is one of the younger guys on the board, and we're not weaning until his 12-month appt (7/2) because I have too many questions, so he's still on formula for a while.  I noticed that when target changed packaging, the formula clumps up a lot more than it used to.  Also, the last month-ish Ty's been staying awake SOOOO late (for a baby - 9 is the earliest he goes to bed now, and still wakes at 6:30).  I've been wondering if it's something in the formula keeping him up?  Maybe gassiness because of the formula not mixing as well?

Anyone else notice anything like this after the packaging change?

I'm gonna post this on the 9-12 month board too, since more of those LOs may still be on full-time formula!

TIA! 

Re: Formula moms (Up & Up Question)

• Options
    We are on the up/up similac, and I just started using it with the new packaging, so I can't really compare. But I have noticed the texture of the powder is fairly different than the actual similac. For one, the similac sinksinto the water, the up&up sits on top until I shake it, so I have to kind of swirl it first to make sure it all mixes in.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageCarlaAndJames:
    We are on the up/up similac, and I just started using it with the new packaging, so I can't really compare. But I have noticed the texture of the powder is fairly different than the actual similac. For one, the similac sinksinto the water, the up&up sits on top until I shake it, so I have to kind of swirl it first to make sure it all mixes in.

OUrs is Enfamil, and sometimes it starts to sink, but I think that's from pure weight because he gets 8 oz, bottles!  The new packaging does "float" a little more though, now that I think about it.

We do swirl it first, kind of to make sure it's all in the water, then shake.  It always seems to mix well, and then I have to pull the bottle from his mouth at least once during his feeding to re-mix it because I can see the clumps on the side again. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTelly21182:

imageCarlaAndJames:

OUrs is Enfamil, and sometimes it starts to sink, but I think that's from pure weight because he gets 8 oz, bottles!  The new packaging does "float" a little more though, now that I think about it.

We do swirl it first, kind of to make sure it's all in the water, then shake.  It always seems to mix well, and then I have to pull the bottle from his mouth at least once during his feeding to re-mix it because I can see the clumps on the side again. 

have you switched from warming to not warming? maybe that could be a factor too? We're giving her the formula bottles cold at home now since we're transitioning to milk soon.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any differences since the packaging change.  I do know that many babies don't tolerate it as well...constipation and such, but we never had those issues with up & up (or Enfamil for that matter).  However, we did start transitioning to whole milk a week ago (starting with 2 oz mixed in with her formula) and for a few days last week we did have constipation issues and very firm stool and gassier than normal.  That has seemed to pass at this time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imageTelly21182:

imageCarlaAndJames:

have you switched from warming to not warming? maybe that could be a factor too? We're giving her the formula bottles cold at home now since we're transitioning to milk soon.

Nope, no temp changes,  He's always had room temp bottles, since I started EPing at 5 weeks, and when he switched to formula at 6 months.   

• Options

We have always used up&up and I have definitely noticed it clumping. We never had a problem with it before. Just about every bottle I make Ash gets frustrated because of clogs. I went with up&up because Enfamil always clumped for me.

I am just going to have to deal with it since he is so close to weaning off it, and the price is great.

• Options
    imageSyncronicity09:

We have always used up&up and I have definitely noticed it clumping. We never had a problem with it before. Just about every bottle I make Ash gets frustrated because of clogs. I went with up&up because Enfamil always clumped for me.

I am just going to have to deal with it since he is so close to weaning off it, and the price is great.

HAve you noticed any changes in his sleep, if you give a bottle near bed-time?

And, yeah, I'm thinking I'll just have to suck it up, but at the same time I'm also thinking "But, if I go back to Enfamil and it doesn't clump, it's only a few weeks of spending the extra $!"  That's not a guarantee though that he'll go to bed any easier though.

Sadly, i think my boy is just a nightowl and momma is not! 

• Options
    imageTelly21182:
    imageSyncronicity09:

HAve you noticed any changes in his sleep, if you give a bottle near bed-time?

And, yeah, I'm thinking I'll just have to suck it up, but at the same time I'm also thinking "But, if I go back to Enfamil and it doesn't clump, it's only a few weeks of spending the extra $!"  That's not a guarantee though that he'll go to bed any easier though.

Sadly, i think my boy is just a nightowl and momma is not! 

I didn't notice any changes in sleep. Just the frustration when his bottle clogs. I had the same problem with Enfamil, so it doesn't seem worth switching to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"