Pregnant after a Loss
Options

At what point should you call OB about blood pressure??

I had a lot of swelling yesterday so I took my blood pressure last night and this morning. It is 133/70, at what point should I call my OB? I have an appointmnent already scheduled today at 3:45PM...
Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker

Re: At what point should you call OB about blood pressure??

• Options
    If you already have an appointment, I wouldn't call today. I would ask that question while you are there, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

Since only the top number is high, I would probably wait until my appt. Have you had any caffeine this morning?  Sat in traffic?  Exercised (I know it seems counter-intuitive, but when I had bad PIH with my DS, my bp was always worse after I tried to exercise than if I was sitting around resting)?  

I would say keep a close eye on it for the rest of the day, but for now just try to rest and stay off your feet, drink lots of water, and discuss it with your OB at your appointment.  My OB never seemed very concerned about a single reading, it was only if it stayed high for a couple of hours that they worried. 

I haven't really done anything today yet, not even eaten breakfast. I'll just grab some water and get these feet up. Thanks for the quick response :) 

Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's definitely elevated, but I would probably just wait until my appointment.  I would also put a call in, just in case they would like to see you sooner. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    I'd take it again in an hour or two and see where it is. Since you've already got an appointment this afternoon and it's not *that* high, I would just wait and mention it at the appointment. If the bottom number gets above 90 or so, though, then you should call.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

Mine has been higher at appointments.  Just hang in there & bring it up this afternoon. 

BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

It completely depends on what is normal for you.  Some people's pressures are naturally lower.  If it were me I'd call, but then again I have a history with pre-e... but I would probably just call, tell a nurse what it was and let them decide if I should come in early or not. 

I hope it's nothing.... but I'm a better safe than sorry gal from now on.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"