Orange County Babies

New to area and need ob/gyn recommendation

Hi all,

I just moved to the area and live close to Hoag Hospital.  We just found out we are 6 weeks along and are looking for a recommendation for a good obgyn that delivers at Hoag and has an office close by there. Please help :) I'm a first time mommy and could use all the help I can get!

Thanks!! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New to area and need ob/gyn recommendation

• I'm not sure if she delivers at Hoag since I chose to deliver at St Joes in Orange however she is a great doctor and her office is at Fashion Island. She delivered two of my babies and was the best in my opinion.

Dr Sugihara MD 1441 Avocado Avenue Suite 608 Newport Beach, CA 92660 Phone: (949) 644-7433
  • Thanks so much!  I will look into this!  I really appreicate the help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Some of the best Hoag-affiliated OBs are Dr Gigi Kroll/Amy Van Blaricom (newportcenterwomenshealth) as well as Dr. Rhonda Flora and Dr. Lai. Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dr. Christina Lee with Newport beach ob/gyn, she delivers at and has a office at hoag
  • Dr. Candace Howe at Newport Lido Medical Center. It righ t across the street from Hoag, and she is AMAZING! So much so, that I was worried about my tests, and she actually called me on my cell phone from her personal cell phone at 9:45 at night when she got the results. She was so happy on the other end to tell me good news she said she couldn't wait. I just love her and you will too.
  • imagexxaliciaxx:
    Dr. Candace Howe at Newport Lido Medical Center. It righ t across the street from Hoag, and she is AMAZING! So much so, that I was worried about my tests, and she actually called me on my cell phone from her personal cell phone at 9:45 at night when she got the results. She was so happy on the other end to tell me good news she said she couldn't wait. I just love her and you will too.

I definitely second Dr. Howe!  She is absolutely amazing.  

• I am a Labor & Delivery RN there. Just FYI, word of mouth is the best way to pick an OB.

I'm sure whoever you choose will be great. The OB's are all pretty great at Hoag.  

• Thanks to everyone one for the advice. We went with Dr Lisa Karamardian and she was fabulous. We ended up delivering 12 weeks early and she was great. 
  • mindy2469 said:

I'm not sure if she delivers at Hoag since I chose to deliver at St Joes in Orange however she is a great doctor and her office is at Fashion Island. She delivered two of my babies and was the best in my opinion.

Dr Sugihara MD

1441 Avocado Avenue Suite 608

Newport Beach, CA 92660

Phone: 

(949) 644-7433

I work with her at SJH, and picked her out of all our other OB's because of her calm manner, she doesn't jump the gun, she makes sound medical decisions, her call group has other great docs, and her office isn't too busy. I had my first appt this week, and loved all the staff (especially the feisty MA who wouldn't give up until she successfully scheduled a rush U/S for me).

• Dr Richard Agnew is located literally across the street from Hoag. Their office staff are awesome, efficient and can't beat their office location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"