School-Aged Children
Options

Share your favorite summer activities

Today is our first day of summer vacation - for my girls AND I (They go to school where I teach).  

We brainstormed how we'd like our days to go ie. chores then activities...

Then we brainstormed some of the activities we want to do this summer: parks, nature centers, zoos, water parks, splash pads, movies, malls, bike rides, etc.

What are your favorite summer day activities. 

imageimage

Re: Share your favorite summer activities

• Options
    Same here for us.  The zoo, botanical garden, water parks, splash and plays, jumparoo, movies, and the beach.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member
    Water parks, beach, zoo, museums, and water fountains.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm also a teacher, and we structure our summer days in pretty much the same way.  We make a "to do" list every day with chores followed by fun activities.  Here are some things my kiddos love to do in the summer:

--big craft projects we can't find the time to do during school.

--big lego kits we can't seem to get done during the school year.

--afternoon at the pool.

--aquarium

--zoo

--museum

--cooking projects/experiments

My kids may be incredibly dorky, but they actually LOVE it when I give them an assignment when we go to the zoo or aquarium.  I make it something fun and age-appropriate.  They each get an "explorer's kit" in a bag to carry.  The "kit" consists of:  a water bottle, a small snack, a notebook, 2 pencils, colored pencils, their camera.  I write the assignment in their notebooks and they complete it.

This year, my DD wanted to create and earn "badges" for completing certain activities.  We have the "master lego architect" badge, the "foreign language" badge (memorize 10 words in another language).  DS has a chance to earn the "multiplication master" badge for learning multiplication facts up to 12x12!  It'll be interesting to see whether they follow through. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

On our to-do list is:

movie at the drive in theater (can only go on comfortable nights when there is something we want to see, so it has to be planned)

camp out in backyard

long weekend in the big city for museums/aquarium

we live on a lake and belong to a gym with outdoor pool, so we spend plenty of time swimming.

we usually do a lot of bike riding, but will probably just do that with DH due to the baby not being able to come along this year. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    We love taking DS to the zoo, parks, espescially waterparks, road trips to grandma's house, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"