Preemies

Those TTC...

From having fertility issues and a loss before, I know you can't really PLAN a baby for a certain time of the year.. you know "oh I want a June 2013 baby" etc it's not that easy for many.. however, as we have all had preemies.. when you are planning TTC do you plan out a full term baby or do you automatically assume the next will come as early as the first?

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage

Re: Those TTC...

• I assume full term (positive thinking and knowing that I will take measures to have a full term baby (P17 injections, extra monitoring, etc)).  I had DS #1 at 34 weeks 5 days, DS #2 was born 38 weeks 1 day.  When we do have another, I will plan for full term and go from there.

Good luck!

• I'm thinking of my future due date as my "probably no later than" date.  I'm really hoping for a full-term baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been told that I would deliver (by c/s) #2 no later than 37 weeks. 
  • I know my next will be delivered c-section no later than 36 weeks - but we got the ok to start trying - dh wants to wait another 6-12 months - im ready now - we arent trying but were not trying not to either....
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagelucy460:
    I'm assuming that #2 will be as early as #1. If we make it past that point, that's just a bonus for me.

This! Although I really thought I was going to make it the second time around. 

• I'm taking both into account...with the possibility of #2 coming even earlier.  We are going straight to FET in early Sept, because if we waited to cycle in Oct my EDD would be practically the same.  As it is, if our first FET is a BFP, my EDD will be only a week or 2 before DS's birthday, but I figure it is less likely that I'll go full term.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Thanks so much for responding everyone.. I feel the same way.. that the next will come just as early, or earlier.. and if we make it past that then its all bonus! It's strange to look at the calendar and EDD's and just count backwards though - such is life with a preemie i guess! GL to all!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I have to hope our second baby (once we're ready to TTC) will hang on until later. My perinatalogist isn't so optimistic, which freaks me out. My biggest fear is early-onset pre-e and being told I have to deliver at 20-22 weeks (which really means abort). :( With pre-e, there's nothing you can do to prevent it... at least when you deliver because of pre-term labor, you can take P17 and/or get the cerclage.
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"