1st Trimester
Options

1st tri sucks.

I'm not sick. I'm not anything except tired, but I hate the first trimester. It's like a waiting game. Waiting to see the baby on an ultrasound. Waiting to hear the heartbeat. Waiting to be in the second trimester. Waiting to show. Waiting waiting waiting.

Bah! I wish I could fast forward. Anyone else? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st tri sucks.

• Options

Same here, because I want to wait until the end of first tri to tell extended family and friends (or 12 weeks, close enough) but I'm having hard time imagining waiting that long

eta: forgot some words 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    Yep, I hear ya'.  

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, I have been sick since 6.5 weeks. I am looking forward to the day when smelling someone else cooking their lunch doesn't make me sick and when I can look at food as something tasty again and not just something I have to eat because it helps keep the nausea away. :(  I hate food!
  • Options
    While I get what you are saying (been there, done that).... try and remember that there are A LOT of women who would give anything to be lucky enough to be in your shoes. Take that positive thought and use it to get you through the rest of the trimester. GL
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    It does feel like a neverending waiting game but it will pass soon. Plus, 3rd tri is pretty hellacious, too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The reason I hate the 1st trimester (not that I have any other trimester to go off of- this is my first pregnancy) is because I will worry every single day about miscarrying 'til I'm in the safezone. (or should I say safERzone)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hear yah.. all a big waiting game! But like was posted... lets be thankful that for now we are healthy, and hopefully that will help pass the time!
  • Options

imagemama&baby:
    While I get what you are saying (been there, done that).... try and remember that there are A LOT of women who would give anything to be lucky enough to be in your shoes. Take that positive thought and use it to get you through the rest of the trimester. GL

So true. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup...pretty much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options

imagemama&baby:

Oh, I totally have. I am grateful for being pregnant, expected or not. But I think every mother has their own set of anxieties about each pregnancy. For this one, I'm terrified that something is wrong. So much so, that it's difficult for me to feel excited. I am so in-the-dark right now, that I'd love to fast forward to a time where I have more answers. 

• Options

imageJoniU26:
    The reason I hate the 1st trimester (not that I have any other trimester to go off of- this is my first pregnancy) is because I will worry every single day about miscarrying 'til I'm in the safezone. (or should I say safERzone)

This is what I'm saying.

Praying for healthy babies, and healthy pregnancies for all but the world can be cruel--- and that's what I'm scared of. 

• Options
    imageJoniU26:

THIS!!!!! Some of my symptoms have disappeared and I am trying SO hard not to worry.
  • Options

imagemama&baby:

This 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, 1st tri will be the easiest. 2nd is pretty easy, but you start to get big and hot and heavy! 3rd is by far the worst because you will wish the baby out beginning around 33-34 weeks. Just try to enjoy every minute of it. It goes so quickly!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is exactly how I feel. So far I have been pretty miserable but I am so thankful to actually be pregnant. I have cramping and bad gas pains and all I want to do is sleep but I work full time so I have to function. I still check for blood every time I use the restroom and I can't wait to do an ultrasound to make sure its not ectopic or something else. I try not to stress but I want this baby so bad and didn't think I could get pregnant that every little feeling worries me. Just know you are not alone in your fears.
  • Options

Pregnancy, the ultimate waiting game!

1st tri, in the past for me at least, wasn't as bad as the last half of 3rd tri.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJoniU26:
    The reason I hate the 1st trimester  is because I will worry every single day about miscarrying 'til I'm in the safezone. (or should I say safERzone)

This. (I did take out the first pregnancy part because this is my second. but the worrying part never changes. I feel it is worse this time around).

• Options

imagemama&baby:

Nope, miscarriage sucks!

I was posting on 1st trimester on Saturday morning.  Saturday night, I had to move over to the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board.

I do get what you are saying.  With my first, I had m/s for 26 weeks.  I constantly worried about m/c because I couldn't feel the baby yet.  But you should be so happy to be here.

But 1st trimester doesn't "suck."  I can think of a lot of other things that suck. 

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I wish I was like you.  I am 9 weeks along and this is my second pregnancy (daughter is 9 months old) and it's twins so the pregnancy symptoms are times two and it's horrible.  I am so sick ALL the time that I cannot wait for the first tri to be over so i can feel somewhat better.  Morning-afternoon-night sickness lasted until the 6th month with my first baby so I'm not too hopeful about it being gone, especially with multiples.  On top of that I work full time and have to get home to feed, bathe and nurse a baby with no energy left in me whatsoever.  Believe it or not the 3rd tri was the easiest for me because i didn't feel as sick, just a tad uncomfortable.  So, if you're not sick just enjoy this time because it really does go fast, in hindsight.  This is a blessing for all of us and I hope you all have healthy pregnancies and babies!   
  • Options

imageBrittaniaDiana:
    This is exactly how I feel. So far I have been pretty miserable but I am so thankful to actually be pregnant. I have cramping and bad gas pains and all I want to do is sleep but I work full time so I have to function. I still check for blood every time I use the restroom and I can't wait to do an ultrasound to make sure its not ectopic or something else. I try not to stress but I want this baby so bad and didn't think I could get pregnant that every little feeling worries me. Just know you are not alone in your fears.

I don't think this ever stops. I don't know if it was habit for me by that point, but I was doing this up until the day I delivered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"