2nd Trimester
Options

24 weeks and still only flutters?

I'm 24 weeks today and I still only feel flutters and they  are very sporatic! I only feel them if I'm paying close attention and it's only a few times in a day.

Anyone else like this? I'm a worrier (always have been) so this makes me worry but I have an u/s Wednesday to check the gender so at least I'll see the LO then.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 24 weeks and still only flutters?

• Options

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and my flutters are very sporadic as well.  I think this is pretty normal because each person is different.  I hope soon to feel kicks or to feel him moving more on a continous basis, but that may just take time.  I'm curious to hear what others say.  

• Options
    25 weeks today and I still only feel flutters once in awhile.  I asked my Dr. last time I was there and he said not to worry, everyone is different!  DH is getting impatient though and wants to feel kicks from the outside!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have an anterior placenta this time (it is on my belly button side as opposed to my spinal cord side) and the movements are definitely slower to come.  I have flutters for sure and they are starting to get stronger, but I also know what I am feeling since this is number two.

So it is possible you have the same.  Or that baby is on the small side.  At any rate I wouldn't worry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm 26 weeks and I still just feel little sporadic things.. it's a little stronger the flutters. I also have an anterior placenta, so this is why. it's normal.. you're okay :)

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much! Good to hear others are also still feeling flutters!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am 22 weeks n wednesday and I haven't felt any flutters, or kicks.  In know I have an A/S and try not to worry but I do as nothing has happened yet.  I go to the doctors in a week and a half and I am trying to hold out until then to ask but it is all I think about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    imagejewelamber8:

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and my flutters are very sporadic as well.  I think this is pretty normal because each person is different.  I hope soon to feel kicks or to feel him moving more on a continous basis, but that may just take time.  I'm curious to hear what others say.  

::butting in:: Just wanted to say that I love your siggy pic. I live very close to Knoxville and we are huge Vol fans!  :)

Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

• Options
    I have an anterior placenta and I'm only feeling flutters.. so ready for some kicks!
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Options
    i felt minimal flutters until about 24 weeks, on mothers day (what a coincidence!) i felt his first strong kicks and punches. now he's constantly moving about and playing and pushing and stretching. it took forever- but the time will come!! my nurse practitioner informed me that the placenta grew in front of him, acting as a cushion between the baby and my uterus, therefore it took longer for me to feel his movements.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"