1st Trimester
Options

Did you cramp before your BFP?

Hi Ladies,

I am about 6 DPO (according to OPK- not tempting yet, so this is assuming I actually did ovulate) and I've had  A LOT of cramping over the past 2 days.

Obviously I know that this is a typical AF symptom, but I am not expecting AF for about 10 more days. Normally with AF I only cramp about 2-3 days before it arrives. I was just wondering if any of you ladies had this before your BFP, as it's too early for a HPT. If the OPK was correct we had great timing this cycle, so I am trying to find reasons to be hopeful.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did you cramp before your BFP?

• Options
    I had cramps just like I would before AF. They started 2 days before I expected AF to arrive. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

I did.  I got my BFP at 14dpo and cramped for probably 3 days before that.  That was actually one of the things that made me thing I was PG because I typically only cramp 1 day maybe 2 at most before AF actually shoes up.  It was just like AF cramps though, pretty strong and in both my lower abdomen and lower back.  I think the cramping actually went away maybe a day or 2 after my BFP.

GL!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had horrible, AF like cramps about a week before AF was due. Then I had some dark red spotting, I thought AF was just coming early so I threw in a Tamp and went to bed....low and behold no more spotting and AF never showed, just light pink spotting the day it was actually due.
    TTC #1 since 02/2010
    Cycle #26
    Me (30) DH (29)
    Internal Ultrasound 2/8/12: Fibroids
    HSG 2/17/12: Tech said Blocked but RE said Clear
    DH SA 2/15/12: low sperm count 8 mil, 3/21/12: 1.5 mil
    SHG 3/16/12: perfect!
    BFP 5/2/12!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    EDD 01/07/13
    Beta #1 5/3-1,628
    Beta #2 5/7- 5,804
  • Options
    YES I was cramping way early. I had never cramped so much before AF.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not to get you too excited but hubby and I used the OPK, Clear Blue. I was 3 days and early wth my April cycle. I got the smiley face on May 11, had sex May 11, 12 & 14. I had possible pregnancy rhinitis symptoms on 5/20- 5/26, implantation bleeding on 5/21. Cramps started on 5/22. I tested 5/26 and saw my BFP at 5:30am! From my experience the OPKs...they really help women with irregular cycles.  Of course there are exceptions. Many blessings and prayers you'll get your BFP.I recall posting a similar question on this message board before I got m BFP.

• Options
    I cramped for a couple of days before my BFP, which I got about a week before AF was due.
  • Options
    Yes, but I cramp before my period, too
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got this really weird cramp at 7 DPO that I never felt before in my life and two days later I got a positive test. I think it might have been implantation cramping but that is just my guess. It started hurting at 2pm on a Friday and when I left work at 4 it hurt really bad walking to my car. By 5 it was gone. It was just like a cramping in my vaginal area and not in my ovaries or lower abdomen like I would normally get from period cramps.
  • Options

imageTodd&Laura:
    Yes, but I cramp before my period, too

This.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had cramps and low back pain just like my period was going to start. I actually kept feeling like it did start and kept running to the bathroom to check. But at about 10 DPO I got my BFP though :) My wondfo's clearly picked up on it the day before the FRER turned positive too. I had to quadruple check repeatedly for the next 48 hours with both brands, lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had cramping a week before my period was supposed to come. I didn't have any bleeding but the cramping was unusual. I usually only cramp on the first day of AF. I tested 2 days before and got a strong positive.
  • Options
    I Did. I had cramps starting 8 days before I expected AF. Got a BFP 4 days before I expected it to arrive. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Lurking*

I didn't find out I was KU til I was about 5-6 weeks along... and for three weeks before it kept feeling like I was about to get my period. Like all the PMS symptoms and cramping. I had really long cycles so I shrugged it off. I would literally go to the bathroom (for the millionth time lol) and check my underwear because I was so sure I was getting it! Sure enough, I waited a while and took a test ( I took one probably a week after I got KU and it was negative) and got a positive result. GL!

• Options
    I had absolutely zero symptoms before my BFP. Not even "normal" AF symptoms.
  • Options
    With both pregnancies I had cramping at 8DPO (probably implantation) as those are the only times I have had cramps that far removed from my period.  With my first I had cramps on and off during my first tri.  With this one nothing really except at 8DPO as earlier mentioned.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. My cramps were very persistent last night, and since I am still far away from when I usually get AF cramps it is quite unusual. I am hoping that it had to do with implantation and that I will get a BFP soon! Thanks for giving me some hope as I wait until when I can test!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. Cramping started a few days before I was (sort of) expecting my period (mine is naturally irregular), and didn't stop until i was about 3 months pregnant. Which was really unusual because I never start cramping before I start actually bleeding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    YES I had real bad cramps before my BFP! In fact they were so bad during the night they would wake me up. Then I ended up having them for a couple of weeks.  Dr said it's normal and a lot of women cramp in the beginning and can for weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"