Postpartum Depression

FTM - feeling resentful toward DH

Not sure where else to post this but wondering if these feelings tie in with pp? I  feel like it's so unfair for my body to have to go thru so much & his doesn't. While he gets to enjoy parenthood w/out dealing wwith the physical aftermath & changes your body goes thru.

I feel kinda resentful toward him & while he wishes my healing time was over for intimacy - that's the last thing on my mind. Not to mention I feel insecure with my appearance :/ somehow he's just not making it any better. Plus being a new mom & he travels alot, leaving me to deal with two dogs on my own just feels like he expects too much from me... meh. 

Re: FTM - feeling resentful toward DH

• I felt the exact same way for the first 6-9 months of my daughter's life.  I was in awesome shape before I had L, but found it hard to have the energy or time to exercise after I had her (not to mention my hair was falling out all over!).  Meanwhile, H still looked hot and would go to the gym after working 10 hour days and I did all the "mommy" work (I have 2 dogs too so it's like having 3 kids!!).  It got to a point where I had to tell myself that something had to change or I was gonna lose my mind.  Talked to my doc and got medication and also spoke with H and told him I needed at least an hour a day 3 times a week where he had to take over all activties (baby and doggie wise).  I used this time to work out and clear my head.  I was off the meds after about 12 weeks and lost about 15 lbs. by the time she was 9 months..  It gets easier as they get older.  But I know that doesn't help how you feel right now.  Talk to your H and tell him how you feel.. Make time for yourself...
  • I think yes probably.  I felt resentful towards DH and LO.  It was hard.  LO was an unplanned pregnancy in my late 30's, I thought I was done having kids and Bingo.  It was really hard to deal with and I'm predisposed to PPD.  The doctor gave me meds which I hated.  After 6 months I eventually weaned myself off and did well for about 1 month or so, but instead of going back on them I started taking St. Johns Wart for about 2-3 months.  I've been PPD free now for about 6 months - LO is 21 months old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have so felt exactly the same. I actually just wrote a blog on how hard it had been on my marriage. 

Just know that you are so not alone in this. Also it made a huge difference to be bluntly honest with my husband. It opened his eyes and changed the way he even interacted with me.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"