Houston Babies

Private and Semi Private Rooms

Hello-

Has anyone delivered at Memorial Hermann in the Memorial area? I will be delivering at that hospital and had a question about rooms. My insurance is saying they will cover the cost of a semi private room. I am going to contact them and see if I get a private room if i have to pay the difference or pay it all. But my question is are there semi private rooms in the maternity area? Can you request a private room?

Thanks!

Re: Private and Semi Private Rooms

• I'm not sure about that hospital in particular but I know a lot of hospitals in our area have only private rooms and the insurance will cover that.   Both hospitals I delivered at only had private rooms and there was no problem with insurance.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • thanks for your comment
  • Loading the player...
  • All of the L&D and post partum rooms there are completely private. There are no rooms with multiple beds. The only additional cost is if you would rather have a suite with a private fridge, sitting area and little kitchenette. 
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
     TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 . Rainbow Baby born at 37 weeks, all natural, after 10 weeks of bedrest. BFP #4 ST. PATTY'S DAY 2014. EDD 11/25/14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"